Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Removed gas tank and....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Carlitos Way
I'm assuming this is a "dealer-installed" option. Was this typical on 74's with dealer-installed sway bars?
Carlitos Way
sdf
Carlitos Way
df
Joe Ricard
Not dealer
But probably DAPO biggrin.gif
Put the tank back in and pretend you never seen it.
JB 914
Clean it with a good degreaser and use metal ready on it. Spot weld in some metal and then you can use POR-15 epoxy putty to seal the seams. then apply POR-15 It's not going to be seen, so, it doesn't have to be pretty. Unless you are going for a concourse type car. biggrin.gif
tdgray
Thats' Carnage... geez you west coast boys... huh.gif
McMark
Unfortunately you have to do something like that in order to install a sway bar on a non-sway bar car. sad.gif It's a bit excessive, but nothing too dramatic.

agree.gif Some MetalReady, maybe a coat of some sort of paint and call it done. wink.gif
Allan
sawzall-smiley.gif
Carlitos Way
QUOTE (McMark @ Mar 4 2006, 05:48 PM)
Unfortunately you have to do something like that in order to install a sway bar on a non-sway bar car. sad.gif It's a bit excessive, but nothing too dramatic.

agree.gif Some MetalReady, maybe a coat of some sort of paint and call it done. wink.gif

So what does a "sway bar" car look like... now that I have seen a non-sway bar one?
ChrisFoley
A sway bar car has the metal reinforcing plate with the three nuts attached (spot welded) from the outside, so no cutout on the inside.
balljoint
QUOTE (tdgray @ Mar 4 2006, 09:35 PM)
Thats' Carnage... geez you west coast boys... huh.gif

wink.gif rolleyes.gif
jim912928
personally...I'd get the reinforcement plates from engman and put in there. They are metal...triangular shaped with the bolts welded on. With the outer bracket bolted through using this it strengthen things up more then just the fenderwell sheet metal. Better yet...weld it in!

freezing14
wanna see real carnage???

Root_Werks
ohmy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.