Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No wipers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThinAir
Awhile ago I had to replace the ignition switch in my 73 teener. As near as I can remember, I had working wipers after this job, but then I had a problem with no left blinker when my headlights were on. This ultimately turned out to be a loose rear blinker bulb, but I ended up tearing into the steering column as I tried to figure out where the problem was. After I got the blinkers working, then I noticed that I had no wipers.

There are two connectors under the steering column for the turn signals and the wiper harnesses. The smaller of the connectors is for the wipers. I discovered that the wires were loose in the connector so I've removed it and connected them individually.

Looking at the wiring diagram, it looks to me like power for the wipers comes off of fuse #8 through the red/black wire, which goes to the wiper motor and then to the steering column switch which switches it to the different speed connectors on the wiper motor.

If I've got that logic right, then I should have 12v on the red/black wire when the engine is running, but I don't. I've checked the continuity of all the fuses and they are all good. Where am I going wrong? Anybody got any clues on how to track this down?

Did I mention that I hate electrical problems?!?!
brp914
may or may not help: mine quit on the '76 and it turned out to be a relay sitting on top of the fuse panel. the same sort that operate the headlight motors. also same as ones on regulator plate. a quickie swap might get ya a home run.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.