Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What do I need to swap into later seats?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike McGrath
I have to get my seats recovered, but someone is offering two reupholstered seats for a lot less. I'm assuming the 1970 backpad has to come out and I may have to weld / attach the passenger seat so it can move forward and back, but is there anything else I am forgetting? Also, how hard is it to find a backpad for the later model 914s?

TIA,

MIke (in Portland)
jetboy
Im curious about this too. Although, i wonder if much needs to be done for just a stationary passenger seat (move drivers seat to passenger side).
SLITS
You need:

Backpad

Hinge mounts for rear of seat

Hinge mouts welded to body

Seat bracket with tilt

Tilt teeth bracket

Weld tilt bracket to crossmember

That should be it.........
lapuwali
You need an actual passenger side seat, too.

Later backpads will show up used from time to time. I may have one for sale in a few weeks, as I may be converting to a carpeted firewall.

Porsche Rescue
Call Craig at Camp 914. He has a back pad for sure. Likely has the other stuff from a parts car as well. Camp is in Oregon City near Clackamas CC so no shipping to deal with. You can look at one of his rollers and see what needs to be done.
jetboy
QUOTE (lapuwali @ Mar 4 2006, 03:42 PM)
You need an actual passenger side seat, too.

Later backpads will show up used from time to time. I may have one for sale in a few weeks, as I may be converting to a carpeted firewall.

If your converting to a carpeted firewall, what are you going to use for the passenger seat? And what are you going to have to do to install it?
lapuwali
A PO converted my '71 to a later passenger seat, including a later backpad. As stated, this just involves getting the later bits welded in. The backpad, once out, will just be replaced by a sheet of lightweight carpet, glued to the firewall.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.