Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jenny's Remains Revisited
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Britain Smith
Well, after a day of cutting and dicing I finally managed to fit Jenny's remains into a 5'x5' square...that way the cops can't identify her...LOL!

Anyway, here is the sequence of events as Jenny's old car went under the plasma torch.

Left Front Fender...
Britain Smith
Let me try that again...

Left Front Fender...
Britain Smith
Rear Left Fender...
Britain Smith
Truck area...
Britain Smith
Rear Right Fender...
Britain Smith
Progress...
biosurfer1
sad.gif always a little sad to see a car go...but it's nice to donate your organs before moving on
Britain Smith
Front Right Fender...
Britain Smith
Engine Bay...
Britain Smith
Engine Bay...
Britain Smith
Longs...
Britain Smith
Whats Left...
Britain Smith
The Body Parts...
Rusty
Wow... ohmy.gif
Bleyseng
You are tossing out the 5 bolt struts?

Geoff
Rusty
I think that's the pile of stuff to be donated/sold off/etc...
Brad Roberts
No.. they where just sitting outside to be cleaned before being pulled apart / media blasted.

B
Jenny
You still have my dash cover??

I tried to get an estimate from Maaco last week. They told me at least $1000 for body work, sanding and reprimering, and anywhere between $500-$3500 for paint. Yikes. I guess if I'm looking at spending so much, I might as well ask Yeaman to take a look and give me a quote.

Jen <-- Accepting donations at this time to help my cosmetically challenged car.
Brad Roberts
Take it to LA and find somebody in their garage to do it (that doesnt speak English).

We threw your dash cover away. There was NO way you where going to get it back on straight (if you mean the thin plastic piece of shit). The dash dash is still on the car but is worse than what you have now.

B
Kevin@ojai.net
Geese Jen, have you learned nothing from the Cheap Son of a Bitch Club? Go to the ATM, hit the "fast cash" button, what is that, $40? Run down to homedepot, and get some rattle cans. 30 minutes and two red index fingers later you have a painted car smilie_pokal.gif
EdwardBlume
The dash cover was toast because it was glued on. It didn't come off easily and it was warped. You can find another one pretty cheap. Don't glue it. wink.gif
redshift
QUOTE(Jenny @ Sep 8 2003, 12:02 PM)
You still have my dash cover??

I tried to get an estimate from Maaco last week. They told me at least $1000 for body work, sanding and reprimering, and anywhere between $500-$3500 for paint. Yikes. I guess if I'm looking at spending so much, I might as well ask Yeaman to take a look and give me a quote.

Jen <-- Accepting donations at this time to help my cosmetically challenged car.

Gee Jen.. seems like you could manipulate a better deal than that.

cool_shades.gif

M
Jenny
Unfortunately the double standard works both ways. Sometimes batting the eyelashes works, other times they take advantage of you not having a guy with you. confused24.gif

Jen
GWN7
Sometimes you can get cheap paint jobs done at vocation collages, if they have an autobody shop. All you pay for is paint and materials. The downside is your without a car till their done with it.
seanery
a lot of the high schools nowadays have autobody in their vocational department.
The place I took my welding was doing a corvette, streetrod and others.
Aaron Cox
they have autoshop 1,2, 3,4 at my school....4 years of autoshop could be fun wink.gif
URY914
HD paint is $.79/can on sale. Buy alot-its like water. happy11.gif

Paul
rhodyguy
500 to 3500 for the paint. now THAT'S what i call a real guesstimate. does that include door jams, trunks front and rear? oh no,better not use maaco. uh, add in for the new rubber. rustywa got a real paint job (a VERY nice one) for less than their wag.

kevin
"livin' with imperfections"
krk
QUOTE(cavwpguy @ Sep 9 2003, 05:25 PM)
The dash cover was toast because it was glued on. It didn't come off easily and it was warped. You can find another one pretty cheap. Don't glue it. wink.gif

Jen,

I have one that came off a doner car. It too was glued on, but the PO didn't shine in glueing skills -- last time I looked at it (it's in the rafters of the garage) it looked fine. If you're still looking for one, PM me. (No eyelash batting required. lol.)

kim.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.