Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: new shocks and sway bar
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
robby750
I got my new Bilsteins,rear springs, and sway bar installed and went for a test drive today. This car has been transformed! The ride is firm but smooth over bumps and the handling is amazing. If anyone is unsure about the age or condition of your shocks or springs, I highly recommend you renew them. It is money well spent. I think the ride height looks OK but tell me what you think.
alpha434
Did you get a CVP graph or a PVP graph with those bilsteins?

What spring rate?

And what size sway bars?
Allan
Nice. I'm gonna be doing mine soon. I leaning toward the Bils.

BTW, front looks a little high...
Joe Ricard
Looks good for a "Rally Cross" car. lol2.gif

I agree a wee bit high by the front.
robby750
QUOTE (alpha434 @ Mar 5 2006, 05:16 PM)
Did you get a CVP graph or a PVP graph with those bilsteins?

No idea what the graphs you are talking about. Stock sway bar, 110lb springs. Yeah, the front may need to come down a bit.
alpha434
Peak velocity plot and constant velocity plot.

Graphs out damper and rebound rates in both cases. CVP is better for tuning. I'm just curious as to what handles the best. My car is a little stiff, and I'm going to put a high performance shock setup on here soon. Looking to pick up a few opinions here and there.
Mueller
please lower the front end smile.gif

otherwise, great looking car boldblue.gif

hijacked.gif

the rates of the replacement shocks are designed to compliment the stock springs with an allowance for the usual "street" replacment spring/torsion bars (for the Konis, once you go past 200# I believe, that is when the stock valving needs to be tweaked)

I know you can get the numbers from Koni, and I'd think Bil would have them on file as well.

robby750
QUOTE (alpha434 @ Mar 5 2006, 11:12 PM)
Peak velocity plot and constant velocity plot.

Graphs out damper and rebound rates in both cases. CVP is better for tuning. I'm just curious as to what handles the best. My car is a little stiff, and I'm going to put a high performance shock setup on here soon. Looking to pick up a few opinions here and there.

Too technical for me. I just asked for Bilstein shocks and a set of rear springs from Dave at GPR for a street car. He sent a good combo.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.