Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT-Indoor Karts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ppickerell
After watching everyone else have fun at Candlestick Saturday, my son and I hit the indoor Kart place in Burlingame. This was my first time and it was a shit load of fun. 10 minutes of that is pretty damn aerobic. My son kicked my ass and has recounted same to any one who would listen.

I would like to book a Grand prix combined course event with any interested clubbers for a week from this Monday. Any takers?
lapuwali
I'd be happy to show up, though I'd not be able to on a Monday during the day. We could all just show up on an evening or a weekend day. It's usually not that packed.
SirAndy
i'm in!

driving.gif Andy
PatW
They often run the big track (both tracks linked together) Sunday evenings and all day on Monday.

A few laps on the big track will kick your @ss for sure.
Carrera916
In Burlingame, too?

There's one in Fremont near Auto Mall Blvd area...

I'd hop in if schedules permits.....any specific date/time yet?
McMark
CSOB says, how much?
lapuwali
QUOTE (McMark @ Mar 5 2006, 06:28 PM)
CSOB says, how much?

If you do a practice and a race, $60.

The big track is quite long, and there are a couple of very fast turns on it. Real neck stretchers. One corner you can ALMOST take flat at full speed, but you actually have to back off a hair, or the kart slides so much you lose exit speed.

I did one of the "League Nights" a few months ago, and we had four full races on the long track with little more than 10 minutes between them. I was totally knackered by the end.
ppickerell
I would like to set this up for Monday evening March 13th 7:00 PM at the Burlingame track. I have at least two, need 8 more. Grand Prix Supertrack

http://www.gokartracer.com/racing.html

10 min practise, then break. 5 minute qualifying, short break then 15 minutes of wheel to wheel. You'll have to wring your self out afterwards.
ppickerell
You can use your own helmet if it's current/approved but you need a clear visor or clear goggles. They do not provide gloves any more. They issue one piece driving suits. If you haven't been there yet, it will cost you an extra $7 for a one time license.
Trekkor
This is the track that Nathan, Grant and I ran last year.
Really fun.

idea.gif

KT
Chris Pincetich
Wow - this sounds like fun!
smilie_pokal.gif
I'll be checking in on this thread - hope to confirm, but work has been super crazy for me and might not slow down by next Monday.
beerchug.gif
Terrance
I wonder if PCA GGR will let me run my shifter kart at their autoxes! I ran a Toyota before, why not a kart! smilie_pokal.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE (Terrance @ Mar 6 2006, 10:20 AM)
I wonder if PCA GGR will let me run my shifter kart at their autoxes! I ran a Toyota before, why not a kart! smilie_pokal.gif

I assume you are talking about the AX and not the kart track... That would be interesting. Talk to the GGR autocross man. Trekkor. The problem with shifter Karts at autocrosses involve the safety of the guys in the shifter karts. Because you are down so low the SCCA requires all cars to be at dead stop engine off. PCA can allow and even invites other make cars on occasion but I am not sure the national blanket policy has knowledge of karts at AX events.
Let me talk to my other autocross committee members here in Sacramento. We might allow that particularly at low turnout events. I assume that you have other shifter kart friends that might join you if we opened that up? Of course you would have to put Porsche Crests somewhere on the Karts... One of my co-workers is the world kart champion. Not shifter. Single geared.
Rob
Terrance
hijacked.gif

SCCA does allow it and have a class for it. But I do prefer PCA events more since they have a lower turn out, and is more organized. I do know that if you have a PCA membership, you can run your non P-car at the events for fun. Not sure about karts though. That would be great if you can find out!
ppickerell
Ok, change already. Monday the 13th is booked and MOnday the 20th is open. Do we have any takers?
lapuwali
I'm still up for the 20th.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.