Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: got home safe and sound
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drewvw
All,

I just got in, made it home safe and sound in the new ride! She cruised pretty nicely on the 150 mile ride home and feels pretty solid. Engine is tight and it would cruise up to 90 pretty easy ( stock 1.7 ).

The didn't get a chance to take any pics due to darkness, so I pulled into a rest stop and took a couple quick ones just for the site.

I am so jazzed right now....first ever 914 drive and I loved every minute of it!

Allan
Cool.

Did you remember to pick up a set of jack stands on your way? biggrin.gif
drewvw
me in driver's seat with longtime car accomplice Jim. He worked on many of the VW ads you've seen over the last few years, is looking for a 924S/944 right now.

user posted image
porschecb
QUOTE (Headrage @ Mar 5 2006, 05:47 PM)
Cool.

Did you remember to pick up a set of jack stands on your way? biggrin.gif

What are jack stands? driving.gif
drewvw

sorry still figuring out the image part
elocke
Congrats! That's a decent shake-down run. Did you have heat? Any pics? My 1.7 is an early '70. Cool posse.
Ed
drewvw

another...they are kind of grainy
Allan
Really nice looking car...
drewvw

last one for now...more when i can get some day light
drewvw

Congrats! That's a decent shake-down run. Did you have heat? Any pics? My 1.7 is an early '70. Cool posse.

Yeah. I was a little nervous at the beginning of the trip but she just hummed right along. The PO was awesome, totally honest and really took good care of the car.

NO HEAT. It was freezing once the sun went down. My toes were numb!

its got some purple porsche lettering on the rockers I'm not crazy about, I have to do something about that

URY914
I love those wheels. I had a set on my car when I drove it on the street.

But they have about a 1/2" positive offset so tires selection is tough. They were really made to go on Bugs.
skline
Nice car, where were those taken? What is all that white stuff all over in the background?
drewvw
QUOTE (URY914 @ Mar 5 2006, 06:23 PM)
I love those wheels. I had a set on my car when I drove it on the street.

But they have about a 1/2" positive offset so tires selection is tough. They were really made to go on Bugs.

Is that what they are? I wasn't sure. They are pretty wide.

somebody told me its uncommon to see 1.7s with the factory sway bars, is that true?

Snow indeed. Its finally staying on the ground here in NE. Pics were taken a couple hours ago,
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.