Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IT STARTED!! &%$&*) now what!?!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
obscurity
I spent all weekend working on it (I'm new at this) and three trips to autoparts stores (including Automobile Atlanta) but I got my long dormant 914 to start!! I cleaned the injectors, and replaced the injector seals, spark plugs, points, condensor coil and about half of the engine compartment fuel line but it ran...poorly

My next task is to figure out why and all the books I have don't seem to give me any direction. When it starts it idles at about 1800. If you press the throttle it stalls. Once it has warmed up a little you can give it some gas but it idles all over the place from 500 to 1500. My only guess is a vacuum leak so I plan to buy vacuum hose tommorow but could it be something else?

Also I was looking at the 1.7 hose diagram on pelican parts
http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/technical_...4_17FI_diag.htm
and I noticed I don't seem to have one of those little round things just below the oil filler. Based on Haynes I take it to be the Auxiliary air regulator but my intake boot also doesn't have a nipple for it to attach to. Was this part on the 1971 1.7

any help would be appreciated,

Joe Ricard
I think the round thing you refer to is the warm up regulator. Well you don't "really" need one but it does make like easier.
If it is missing then just make sure the hole in the plenum is plugged and the hole in the ait tube from filter to throttle body is plugged.

and yup the link you have for vacuum lines is a good one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.