Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another 911 front end/fuchs question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
germaneighter
I have a '74 that I eventually want to do a V8 conversion to. The current front suspension seems to have been lowered. Don't know why but the slightest bump in the road really jarrs you. Feels like it has no travel at all. The struts are probobly worn out.

I want to renew the front end but also want anything I do to be a usable upgrade with the future V8. I'm thinking a 911 front end would make sence. (I want to convert to 5-lug also.)

I've located a complete SC front but he wants $1150.00. Seams steep.
Anyone have a more reasonable one for sale close to Tulsa?

I have also located a set of 5.5 X 14 Fuchs that are in OK condition. What would be a reasonable price for these? Should I even mess with 14"? I want to keep the original fender profile for now so I need a wheel that will fit stock opening. What is the best Fuchs size for stock fenders?

Any suggestions?
Joe Bob
Way too much for a front end....you can get 16x6s for 75-100 bucks each in most cases.....a 205/50 will fit real nice on the front. Those 14s are getting harder to find decent tires.

A 16x7 in some cases will fit on the rear with 225/45s with a little fender lip roll. 7s are about 200 each more or less.

500-600 will get a nice SC front end with brakes, calipers and the whole shebang including struts.

"I" would post a want to buy ad on Pelican or Rennlist 911 list/BBS....
rick 918-S
you probably need a bump steer kit to lower the rack at the mounts to match the lower suspension.

Also try Oklahoma foriegn. (sp) screwy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.