Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: O/T So thats real work YUCK
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
Im sitting here watching 2 guys run a core drilling truck. They are dirlling holes in the ground 75 feet down and taking samples all the way. This is all the prelim work for the new hanger the Southwest is building. They have what looks to be water coming out of thier skin icon8.gif Im so glad I have this job. Internet and a TV to keep me company and a fridge with some Cokes we snagged off the check aircraft last night. lol2.gif
Allan
What are you an air traffic controller? w00t.gif
spare time toys
Quality Controll. It don't say Southwest until I say it says Southwest happy11.gif piratenanner.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (spare time toys @ Mar 6 2006, 10:17 AM)
Quality Controll. It don't say Southwest until I say it says Southwest happy11.gif piratenanner.gif

larry.. hard at work smile.gif

rolleyes.gif laugh.gif
user posted image
spare time toys
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Mar 6 2006, 01:04 PM)

rolleyes.gif laugh.gif
user posted image

Dont laugh I was there. Im part of the go team for just such an emergency huh.gif
SLITS
Yeh, but did you fix it?

There's something about a Teener owner working on aircraft that I fly on that makes me nervous...

"Ah hell, there it goes again...just park it next to that cloud over there and we'll call for a AAAA***"

***AAAA = Triple A Air
poke.gif
Katmanken
Ya,

Brt he's got a lot of planes on jackstands...... happy11.gif

Ken
bondo
QUOTE (kwales @ Mar 6 2006, 02:35 PM)
Ya,

Brt he's got a lot of planes on jackstands...... happy11.gif

Ken

That one is missing a big jackstand under the front.. smile.gif
Rrrockhound
QUOTE (spare time toys @ Mar 6 2006, 12:07 PM)
Im sitting here watching 2 guys run a core drilling truck.  They are dirlling holes in the ground 75 feet down and taking samples all the way. This is all the prelim work for the new hanger the Southwest is building.  They have what looks to be water coming out of thier skin icon8.gif  Im so glad I have this job.  Internet and a TV to keep me company and a fridge with some Cokes we snagged off the check aircraft last night. lol2.gif

Dude, you just described what I do. I'm a geologist. I had no idea other people looked at my job and thought YUCK.

I'm going to go sit in a corner and rock myself while I moan...
spare time toys
QUOTE (SLITS @ Mar 6 2006, 03:46 PM)
Yeh, but did you fix it?

As a matter of fact some of it yes and most of it is now beer cans beerchug.gif
bondo
QUOTE (Rrrockhound @ Mar 6 2006, 06:14 PM)
I'm going to go sit in a corner and rock myself while I moan...

Hmm, is that a geologist's euphemism? wink.gif
turboman808
If you live a very actice free time then deskjob is the way to go. If you just sit on your ass at work and sit on your ass at home do me a favor and put me in your will.

I tried to work as a personal trainer one year while training for a ironman. Holy cow that dam near killed me. I prefer the sit on my ass job now and then go run 10-20 miles after work.
spare time toys
QUOTE (turboman808 @ Mar 6 2006, 08:47 PM)
I prefer the sit on my ass job now and then go run 10-20 miles after work.

If I gotta run it better be to catch the Ice Cream Truck lol2.gif Me and working out just dont get along , aint nothing wrong with being 5'2" and 275 LBS is there?cool_shades.gif Actually I climb up and down stairs on the tail stands all friggn day when we have a check aircraft in. I also get a ton of walking in going from bay to bay checking jobs in work. Just today was an rarity with no aircraft in my assigned area. Just the contractor drilling holes in the floor getting prep work for the new joint.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.