Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's the best way to remove Fr. hood springs?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
I need to remove the front hood. What's the best way to remove and re-install the front hood springs?

Back to work on JLO.... biggrin.gif

Bill P.
Aaron Cox
vice grips and leather gloves...

you can grab it with the gloves... lean back and stretch them into place. use your body as a counter weight.,....

or.. use vice grips and lean back and pull and hook em smile.gif
DanT
agree.gif That is pretty much what I did Bill.
r_towle
I used a long piece of heavy guage wire,,,looped it around the hook on the end...lean back and they come right off...simple and safe.

Rich
szuccaro
I did exactly what Rich did... used a long piece of rod wire... looped it an one end to grab the spring, while a buddy (with gloves) also pulled with vice grips at the spring end. Very quick and safe.

Steve
Allan
Why do you need to pull the springs?

Just unbolt the hood.
cbenitah
I used both hands.. no tools nessecery if you aint got any biggrin.gif
MattR
QUOTE (cbenitah @ Mar 6 2006, 11:17 AM)
I used both hands.. no tools nessecery if you aint got any biggrin.gif

I have a red toolbox for sale with JUST the right tool rolleyes.gif

biggrin.gif
Jeroen
like posted above...

wind a couple of loops out of metal wire
one end of the loops over the springhook
put a screwdriver through the other end (makes pulling real easy on yer fingers)
they come off like a breaze
cbenitah
QUOTE (MattR @ Mar 6 2006, 11:23 AM)

I have a red toolbox for sale with JUST the right tool rolleyes.gif

biggrin.gif

I think you are stalking me with that red tool box.. third thread you made me that offer? beer.gif I think someone is trying to tell me I need more tools for my 914 pray.gif

I like the other guys method! go for theirs, I didnt know when I came to that point and used what I thought be a good method (lots of &^@%@ and @&^#^#)
nine14cats
Thanks Guys,

I'll give it shot!

Bill P.
Gint
Grab hold of it with your bare hands and pull forward. At Joe's BBQ a couple of weeks back I moved the springs on the new 914 to the very front notch. I just pulled the springs and moved them up.

It's not as intimidating as it looks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.