Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Know I've Said This Before...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kconway
I think I've finally found "the" car. This is a '74 2.0 car that I was unable to find rust in.
Couple of things that bother me but prolly not enough to pass. 1500miles on engine & trans rebuild. Check me out on these, I'd like opinions.

1. Biggest issue I have is some PO put a "vehicle computer" in the dash. Not sure I know what it was suppose to do but it no longer works. He hacked up the dash just to the left of the radio where the vent controls were and moved those just to the right of the steering column. Just pull cables. (I'll post a pic of this barf.gif when I can).

2. Rear trunk hood paint is faded.

3. Rear end was tapped and will have to be pulled and fixed

4. Is the rear end sitting low? Can you tell without knowning tire size info?

5. Lastly, little hesitation/stuttering between 2K-3K RPM, perhaps throttle switch or MPS?

Whaddy think
kconway
two
kconway
three
kconway
last one
Brad Roberts
Looks nice. Needs rear springs to get the ass end off the ground. smilie_pokal.gif

B
Root_Werks
That looks like the Alaska Blue Met. Love that color. wub.gif
kconway
Confirmed, L96B Alaska Blue Metallic. Original throughout.

Does the dash have a "subframe" that bolts in? I'm going to want to put the original vent controls back in somehow.
SLITS
It's blue & looks nice...with the painted bumpers you didn't get sway bars did ya?

1.) If you need a stock dash frame to move things back to normal...just ask...have a couple before they get sawalled.

2.) At least it isn't crashed in or dented

3.) Picture don't look that bad to go thru the trouble (unless you're gonna paint it)

4.) Brad says yes, so get new springs...not that expensive

5.) Any number of things that you'll sort out when you take it home.

Buy it before Howie finds out.......
Eric_Shea
I'd say, if you found a rust free 914, the rest is inconsequential.
kconway
Ron,
You wouldn't happen to have a dash frame in L96B would ya? Do these "bolt in".

I'll post pix of the dash when I pick it up in a new thread. Hopefully the wiring isn't butchered when they put in this 'computer'.
SLITS
QUOTE (kconway @ Mar 6 2006, 02:01 PM)
Ron,

I'll post pix of the dash when I pick it up in a new thread. Hopefully the wiring isn't butchered when they put in this 'computer'.

Dash frames were not painted...just rusty steel....I should have two of them. They " bolt in".
or

I have a 914/6 dash frame and you can fake out your friends... biggrin.gif

or

I can supply an X1/9 dash if you wish av-943.gif
914-8
QUOTE (kconway @ Mar 6 2006, 01:01 PM)
Ron,

Interestingly, it seems a lot of dash frames are that Alaska blue metallic color - even in cars that were not Alaska blue!

At least that's what I've seen quite a bit in the past.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Brad Roberts @ Mar 6 2006, 01:49 PM)
Looks nice. Needs rear springs to get the ass end off the ground. smilie_pokal.gif

B

first thing i said when i saw the pics

looks nice smilie_pokal.gif
jim912928
rear end looks good...just lower the front to match...get LOWWWWW
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.