Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 What to do?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
IRA
About a year ago or so I purchased a very nice rust free 914-6 with a 2.7 liter along with an original -6 two liter. Here is my dilema. About a month or so ago I managed to do a 180 and smacked the curb pretty hard. I had the car on a frame machine and discovered it had been hit in the rear and the rear panel and rear floor should be replaced. Now my dilema: Since the car isn't as virgin as I thought and I now have the 2.7 torn apart to reseal all the leaks I see that it has the early "S" cams and 90mm forged carrera pistons. All in all the engine is very nice and very quick. Now I'm considering during the rear replacement to have the steel flares put on the car so that I can get more rubber contact. I'd like opinions from any of the die hard 914 owners regarding changing this very original body to GT look.
Best regards,
rusty
SirAndy
nothing wrong with steel GT flares on a original /6 ...

of course, that's just my humble opinion ...
cool_shades.gif Andy
Mueller
since the car is not perfect to begin with, the addition of the flares shouldn't distract from the value of the vehicle...steel flares I think always increase the value of a 914....whether it be a /4 or a /6....

jim912928
as long as they are steel...and install them the original way ( butt welded)!
J P Stein
I'm fer it, but then I'm a great believer in traction.
GWN7
agree.gif what they said.......
Andyrew
More tire = more better

from a man that went from 165->195->225->255->285->?(whats next?)
Root_Werks
If you flare it, you'll lose the underdog look. Stock lines of a 914 are really nice, so are flares, but once you put flares on, people expect a lot more from the car. Sounds like your 2.7 could back it up though. driving.gif
IronHillRestorations
I say it's your car do what you like.

The accident damage devaluation is relational to the quality of the repair.

Personally, I wouldn't do it to a really nice original appearing 6, but I do love the look of a flaired car.
914-8
Factory steel flares rock!

I couldn't own a 914 without them anymore!

They just give the car a square-shouldered stance and meanness that it deserves to have if you are sporting anything north of 180 hp or so.

user posted image
Marv's3.6six
I am total agreement with all that have posted so far!

My car was/is an orig 6 and is being transformed into a GT, nothing wrong with that, the factory did it, if its tastefullly and properly done it will add value.

I'm sorry but that black GT is just plain sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!! drooley.gif
Racing916
914-8, That Black car is Fu$@ing sexy!!
wbergtho
DO IT...DO IT...DO IT.... You'll love your car more w/ flairs. It's like you put your car on steroids...and the fenders started bulging out with new muscles. They have a great stance that way! DO IT.... biggrin.gif
nein14
GT the way to go ! here's mine smoke.gif
Andyrew
Ohh..

Heres mine

user posted image

biggrin.gif
Series9
I like flares.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.