Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: going racing in scca-fp class
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Albert914
well I took the scca drivers school this weekend at thunderhill. Three days of track practice and two races. My instuctor was Ron Wicker. What a great guy! Everything he told me to do, made me faster& faster. The first two days were dry and on sat. I had the 2nd fastest time in group one. Sunday it was raining hard and in the first race I started 4th but by the 3rd corner I was leading then coming up to turn 5 the throttle started sticking. I was debating to pull off or not. I kept going but at every corner I had to blip the throttle a bunch of times. They said I won but I thought I got 2nd. So in between races I tried to asjust the cable- thought it was fixed until the race 2 started. Everyone went out for the pace lap and I was stuck in the pits, so I went to the end of the pit lane and sat there until the green flag flew for everyone else. 29 cars went by before they let me go and in 20 minutes I passed 28 cars to finish 2nd. Coming into the pits the throttle cable snapped, but the day was done and I got my license. I'm going racing in the Fp class. Wish me luck.
rick 918-S
smilie_pokal.gif clap56.gif aktion035.gif driving.gif
Jake Raby
Nice to see another FP racer out there...
It is too bad that the CRB has refused to change their rules limiting us to a 34mm venturi, down from a 38mm.

This change will create a situation where the 914 will not be competetive in FP at all at a national level.

Both my national Racers currently in FP are more than likely making the change to Ep due to the BS rules.

But being a beginner the 34mm venturi rule probably won't impact you much the first year.

One of my customers may have a 100% legal, leading edge 180HP FP engine for sale if he does make the change to Ep later in the year. The engine is a true beast and revs to 8,500 RPM like nuttin...
DanT
Way to go Albert. smilie_pokal.gif
Are you driving the Blue car?
That car knows its way around the tracks in Norcal.
wink.gif

How about Lana...is she going to give it a try?
grantsfo
Congrats! Great to have a 914 with great driver running in SCCA events!
VegasRacer
Congratulation and Good Luck, rookie. smilie_flagge24.gif
Racing916
Congrats Albert!!! beer.gif beer.gif Now lets see some pics of this race car!!!!
GaroldShaffer
smilie_pokal.gif clap56.gif driving.gif
Randal
Nice going Albert. Congratulations!

Wishing you good luck and safe driving.

Tell us what your your instructor told you about Thunderhill that helped you?

Cheers,

Randal
ChrisFoley
Way to go Albert.
Good to see you're out there.
And congrats on the great drives! smilie_pokal.gif
reddog
QUOTE (Albert914 @ Mar 6 2006, 09:13 PM)
well I took the scca drivers school this weekend at thunderhill. Three days of track practice and two races. My instuctor was Ron Wicker. What a great guy! Everything he told me to do, made me faster& faster. The first two days were dry and on sat. I had the 2nd fastest time in group one. Sunday it was raining hard and in the first race I started 4th but by the 3rd corner I was leading then coming up to turn 5 the throttle started sticking. I was debating to pull off or not. I kept going but at every corner I had to blip the throttle a bunch of times. They said I won but I thought I got 2nd. So in between races I tried to asjust the cable- thought it was fixed until the race 2 started. Everyone went out for the pace lap and I was stuck in the pits, so I went to the end of the pit lane and sat there until the green flag flew for everyone else. 29 cars went by before they let me go and in 20 minutes I passed 28 cars to finish 2nd. Coming into the pits the throttle cable snapped, but the day was done and I got my license. I'm going racing in the Fp class. Wish me luck.

As an old Formula Ford driver from the early 70's REAL race cars do not have fenders....Just kidding.... beerchug.gif
Trekkor
Pretty cool cool.gif

When we were talking on the phone Monday morning it was great hearing all the details. You we're really excited about the school. boldblue.gif

I hope we get a chance to run together on a track again soon.

KT

And...Welcome to the club!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.