Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Well, I hauled it home from the paint shop today!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
computers4kids
Well, today felt like Christmas...I brought the car home today and the new tires arrived for my 2ltr alloys. It's reallllllllllly red, L30E. I'll looking forward to putting all those parts back on it...I wonder how many parts I will have left over?
computers4kids
another
computers4kids
a few parts
Michael N
Looks great!!!!!! smilie_pokal.gif
rick 918-S
drooley.gif
skline
Wow, that really looks great! Joe Buckle needs to see that, he is ina quandry about color of his at the paint shop right now. Maybe this will sway his decision.
DanT
Very nice indeed biggrin.gif
Is that the code for Malaga Red?
Aaron Cox
very nice!!!

how much? ohmy.gif
computers4kids
QUOTE (Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Mar 6 2006, 09:21 PM)
Very nice indeed biggrin.gif
Is that the code for Malaga Red?

Bahia Red...stock 74 color code, except I had it color sanded and polished.
computers4kids
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Mar 6 2006, 09:22 PM)
very nice!!!

how much? ohmy.gif

$1223 out the door in Visalia! I did most of the prep though.
DanT
Bahia....I should have recognized it. That was my choice for my track car had I not gone for the other '74 Red...Phoenix.

Very nice on the price as well.
turboman808
I'd love to see one General Lee orange myself.

Man I would love to see how it all goes back together though.
MoveQik
That is awesome. What a fun time. I can remember when mine was that young. Seems like yesterday!! Enjoy it, they grow up so fast....before you know it, they want a 3.2.

Note to Trojanman - notice factory Copper Metallic on the inside of the doors. It makes the car worth hellacash!!
JB 914
Very nice. I have to decide my color this week. ohmy.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (MW 914 @ Mar 6 2006, 10:46 PM)
it makes the car worth hellacash!!

if you say that again, i will box you up and ship you to norcal where the 'hella' began smile.gif

you have been warned happy11.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Mar 6 2006, 10:12 PM)
QUOTE (MW 914 @ Mar 6 2006, 10:46 PM)
it makes the car worth hellacash!!

if you say that again, i will box you up and ship you to norcal where the 'hella' began smile.gif

you have been warned happy11.gif

lol3.gif Jumpy.gif

Cmon.....you know that is how we roll here in Scottsdale!!!
newto914s
shocked[1].gif That looks stunning! And for $1223 I can't belive it. You guys on the west cost really get some great deals on piant jobs. That's almost worth bring my car out there to piant.
Samson
computers4kids
QUOTE (newto914s @ Mar 6 2006, 10:29 PM)
shocked[1].gif That looks stunning! And for $1223 I can't belive it. You guys on the west cost really get some great deals on piant jobs. That's almost worth bring my car out there to piant.
Samson

...don't forget, there was a lot of blood, sweat and tears--mine getting the bucket ready to paint. A good paint job is at least 90% prep
Tobra
I am budgeting at least double what you paid for my paint, looks nice. I wish my garage looked like that too
Root_Werks
smilie_pokal.gif Looks great! My 914 is red, but not sure if the code. I like it!
turboman808
Samson

seriously seems we get shit paint jobs and pay 3 times as much on the east coast. Would be worth the drive honestly.
computers4kids
QUOTE (turboman808 @ Mar 7 2006, 07:40 AM)
Samson

seriously seems we get shit paint jobs and pay 3 times as much on the east coast. Would be worth the drive honestly.

When I was getting quotes in town they ranged mostly around $4500-$8000--what a joke! Granted they never really saw the condition of the car after I preped it, but most of the shops are so into "insurance" work they don't want to mess with these smaller jobs.

The shop that painted my 914 does excellent work--I was lucky to connect with the owner.

So when you say paint jobs cost 3X more on the East Coast...you may be correct, but most likely it's just like anywhere else--you have to seek out the good deals.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.