Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rubber bumpers for bil's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jaiden
So when I go to install my new Bilstein inserts do you reuse the stock rubber bumpers? They really don't fit over the shaft of the bils.

Should there be something there? Or do I forget about them?
redshift
You need snubbers. Buy new ones.

M
Jaiden
Care to elaborate? I haven'tseen this mentioned and I did not receive new ones from Pelican when I got my struts. Are these new ones a different dimension and where who I find these parts?

Thanks!
JWest
Are these Bils in Boge struts? If so, the snubber in installed in the lower part of the tube already (you can't get to it).

Bils in Bil struts with the small lower shaft and roll pin? You need to install the snubber on the lower shaft.
Jaiden
These are Front Boge strut housings with new bil inserts. I'm talking about at the top of the strut the "rubber spring" that sits on the strut below the top cover. DO I need to reinstall these?
JWest
No, it is installed in the lower part of the tube already but you can't see it. The Bils for Boges are strange in that the fluid is in the upper chromed shaft, and a small shaft is inside the painted tube that fits into the strut housing. The bump stop is inside that lower painted tube.
Jaiden
Thanks.

Oh one last question the little rubber washer that is below the nut on the struts. Does that go below or above the strut mount. I was thinking below were the cover meets the bushing.

I can't wait to get all of this back together an back on the road.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.