Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dizzy Caps - Different
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kenpolives
I have a 1.7 with carbs and I'm not sure if the Dizzy is a 050 or a 009. I don't see the numbers on the case (dizzy installed in car). Are the caps for the 050 and 009 (as well as stock) different or will either work.

Also. can I just pull the dizzy out to get the number and then slide it back in without resetting the timing etc?

Thanks
Aaron Cox
im 99 percent sure they are different...

get a mirror and see what the PN is ...
sanman
caps are different.If you mark the spot where it was remove you can get it close but it will more than likely be a few degree off. Get a dial timming light check and make sure you have a time mark before you do anything. go to the bird board print the "how to set timeing"
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (kenpolives @ Mar 7 2006, 08:49 AM)
I have a 1.7 with carbs and I'm not sure if the Dizzy is a 050 or a 009. I don't see the numbers on the case (dizzy installed in car). Are the caps for the 050 and 009 (as well as stock) different or will either work.

Also. can I just pull the dizzy out to get the number and then slide it back in without resetting the timing etc?

Thanks

Get a flashlight and a mirror, or tale a picture and sent it to us. The caps are different. The Cap'n
maf914
Also.  can I just pull the dizzy out to get the number and then slide it back in without resetting the timing etc?

You can pull the dizzy and put it back with out changing the timing. Note where the rotor points before you pull it and put it back in the same position. Just make sure you don't turn the rotor 180 or loosen the timing adjust bracket.
sanman
QUOTE (maf914 @ Mar 7 2006, 09:38 AM)
Also.  can I just pull the dizzy out to get the number and then slide it back in without resetting the timing etc?

You can pull the dizzy and put it back with out changing the timing. Note where the rotor points before you pull it and put it back in the same position. Just make sure you don't turn the rotor 180 or loosen the timing adjust bracket.

the rotor will not be the problem its the dizzy housing that will change the timing. And he has to losen the anjusment screw to remove the Dizzy
Kargeek
You can remove the dizzy without changing the timing...leave the clamp tight around the dizzy and remove the 13mm nut that holds the clamp onto the engine case- pull it out. DH
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.