Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Tin Grommets and Such
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mharrison
Does anybody know where I can purchase all the grommets and clips that go on the engine cooling tin? I have the Engine compartment seals and some of these rubber grommets, but not all.

Thanks,
Matt
SirAndy
never seen them new, i got all mine from donor cars.
find a porsche dismanteler near you and look for the grommets.
some 911 stuff fits too ...

Andy
Brad Roberts
Matt,

some of them are still available new if you have a Porsche dealer semi close by. Can you show us which ones you need ?? or describe them a little better (location on the tin)

B
Brad Roberts
Oh.. welcome to the BBS clap56.gif I think we are up to 3 MS people.

Andy was being rude by not welcoming you..

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Sep 8 2003, 09:32 PM)
Andy was being rude by not welcoming you..

jezze B., the one time i don't look at the post-amount and you call me rude (insert finger here ...)

Welcome Matt cool.gif
Andy
maf914
If you're talking the T4, I recently bought some of the grommets and boots, including the heater tube grommets in the left and right sheet metal and the oil pressure sensor boot and head temp sensor grommet in the right sheet metal, all from the local VW dealer.

What really helped was the 914 PET CD available on this site. I studied the engine cooling/sheet metal sections and recorded all of the grommet part numbers I could identify. Most of these are 021 part numbers, which are VW numbers. I then took my list to the VW parts counter where I actually found a friendly and helpful parts tech who ordered everything for me, about $41 worth of stuff. Unfortunately, the 914 CD did not give part numbers for the grommets found in the rear sheet metal panel (vertical) so I had to clean and reuse my old ones.

Mike
mharrison
Well actually I was looking for a complete set. Like the rest of things in life....it looks like I'll have to do this the hard way! headbang.gif

I just finished a rebuild on the 1.7.
94mm P&C's, 2.0 crank and rods, #86 Webcam & hardened lifters, 3 angle valve seats with 44mm x 38mm valves. 4lb lighter flywheel, Dual 40 Dell's with all new accesories. and a yet to be determined exhaust. cool.gif

The next projects are the flares, the paint, the 5-lug conversion, and the side-shifter.
ohmy.gif
I've got the flares, but what is the point without the 5-lug? As soon as I find a 911 that I can get the suspension off of, I'll be making that move....Anybody know someone who would desperately like to get rid of totalled 911 with a cherry suspension cheap?? lol !!

At any rate, I'm gonna go ahead and spray her and drive her as I wait for the flares and suspesion parts to fall into place and I want the engine compartment looking CLEAN...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.