Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speed nuts for engine grill
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
736conver
Just sent my engine grill lid out for powder coating and need to know what size speed nuts were on this. Anybody know off hand what size or can measure one the of posts for me. I should also add this is not for the letters but for the grill itself.

Thanks
914-8
They aren't speed nuts, they are simple press on thingys. More like rubber covered clips than nuts.

The letters use speed nuts.

I'd just call GPR or your favorite vendor and get them.
736conver
I dont want to pay for shipping and over pay for these becasue they are Porsche. When I can get a simple speed nut for them.

Again does anybody know what size they are.

double-a
8mm. i purchased a set from one of our vendors, morphenspectra. they're great quality and about $1 each. here's what they look like.

~a
double-a
er, forgot pic. i used these to attach the engine lid grille, the side grilles, the letters and the rear script. much better than the rubber ones imho.

~a
736conver
Thanks aaron but I need to know the inner diameter not outer.
blitZ
I picked up some speed nuts at my local Lowes. They have an automotive section in their hardware department. I just took a letter with me and sized it there. Think it's a pack of 4 for $0.69. If you have Lowes in your area, check them out. They also have assorted rubber grommets and pop in door panel fasteners.

CSOB
914-8
QUOTE (736conver @ Mar 7 2006, 12:11 PM)
Thanks aaron but I need to know the inner diameter not outer.

Inner diameter size?

Small!

I don't believe that inner diameter measurements are typically used for nuts.

If you don't want to use the factory clips, why not just take the grille to your local hardware store and find a speed nut or other fastener that fits?

double-a
yeah, it's small. gotta be like 3mm or something.

~a
morph
Make sure you find metric ones for your car. Ours are for 3mm studs.
Hiedi
736conver
If you don't want to use the factory clips, why not just take the grille to your local hardware store and find a speed nut or other fastener that fits?

See my first post. I dont have the grill otherwise I wouldnt be asking for measurements.

Make sure you find metric ones for your car. Ours are for 3mm studs.

Thanks Heidi. Thats what I needed to know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.