Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Won my eBay Dispute!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yeahmag
Purchased a set of dual Dellorto 40's from a guy who claimed:

"THESE ARE SOLD WITH NO WARRANTY, THEY ARE LIKE NEW, BUT NO REFUNDS SO MAKE SURE YOU WANT THEM. NOTHING WRONG WITH THEM I JUST DON'T WANT ANY MAYBES"

Turns out they had bad bearings so they were like on off switches and wouldn't return to the throttle stops without force. Tried to work with him and ended up having to dispute it. I won!!! Got the money to fix them now!

smilie_pokal.gif

-Aaron
70Sixter
aktion035.gif Congrats!
wbergtho
Did Ebay make the other guy return some $$$ to you? Or did Ebay have some sort of insurance plan that kicks in when someone gets F'd in the ass? I'd be interested in the details of this case a bit more?

Thanks smile.gif
yeahmag
eBay has a protection plan. They will be sending me a credit for the repair cost to the carbs via PayPal.

Here is the item:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=8020850401

You have to take the item to a neutral 3rd party along with the eBay add and get an appraisel. You must also supply proof of payment. This was a no brainer. Didn't have a leg to stand on.

-Aaron
drewvw

I love the feedback for this:

Buyer :  Had to go through eBay Standard Protection Program and I WON.
            Enough said...

Seller: GO TO THIS ITEM THEY WERE SOLD AS IS STATED ALL OVER THE AD. 3  
          MON. I GET STUNG!

"I GET STUNG" I love that!

SirAndy
QUOTE (drewvw @ Mar 7 2006, 02:36 PM)
GO TO THIS ITEM THEY WERE SOLD AS IS STATED ALL OVER THE AD. 3  MON. I GET STUNG!

people that write all CAPS scare me ...

unsure.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.