Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sway bar rates for rear 914 bar???
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Anyone have this number or know the dimensions (bar dia, and distance from the centerline of the bar to the centerline of the mounting point on the rear shock) so that I can figure it out?
campbellcj
I have a welt 16mm rear bar sitting in my garage if that would help.
airsix
QUOTE(Mueller @ Feb 19 2003, 04:38 PM)
Anyone have this number or know the dimensions (bar dia, and distance from the centerline of the bar to the centerline of the mounting point on the rear shock) so that I can figure it out?

Hey Mike, I've got a stock bar hanging on the wall in the garage. I'll throw the calipers around it tonight and let you know the diameter. I'll run a tape from end-to-end too.

-Ben

ps - thanks again for the door stay.

pps - Like my avatar? That's my hunt'n partner. We really terrorized the bunnies Saturday. We've been working together since November and he still doesn't have a name. Anybody got any ideas?
Mueller
Hey Ben....

Neat bird.....not too far from where I live I see some guy in the morning training his hawk/falcon.....
drew365
My rear Welt is 16mm also. Don't know the other dimensions. I'll be under it tonight, if no one else posts I'll grab a tape.
Mueller
The dimensions I am looking for are A or B,
it depends on which portion of the bar on the top area that gets mounted to the car....I have no swaybar to figure that one out smile.gif
jonwatts
QUOTE(airsix @ Feb 19 2003, 04:56 PM)
That's my hunt'n partner. We really terrorized the bunnies Saturday. We've been working together since November and he still doesn't have a name. Anybody got any ideas?

Mr. Peepers
Bleyseng
A=12"
16mm bar

Geoff
Alfred
QUOTE(airsix @ Feb 19 2003, 04:56 PM)
QUOTE(Mueller @ Feb 19 2003, 04:38 PM)

pps - Like my avatar? That's my hunt'n partner. We really terrorized the bunnies Saturday. We've been working together since November and he still doesn't have a name. Anybody got any ideas?

confused24.gif Killer?

Alfred
ChrisReale
Hi Air Six, where abouts do you live in Eastern wash? I might be cruising around there in my 914 when the weather clears up. Id love you see your falcon in action if possible....
Jeroen
Darn, it's cold in the garage...

The bar diameter is 16mm
Dimension A = 280mm (center of the bar to the center of the droplink mounting eye)
Dimension B = 320mm (center of the bar to the center of the droplink mounting eye)

HTH,

Jeroen
Tony C
Mike, Also keep in mind when figuring out spring rates, the endlinks bend, the bushings compress, and "heat treating" varries. Except for the "speedway engineering" type bars it is very hard to get very close to the real installed spring rates when trying to calculate the spring rate.

-Tony
airsix
Guess I should have stayed home Saturday and cleaned the garage. I can't find my caliper or my metric tape. Sorry you'll have to convert I guess.

A = 11 3/8" (from bar center to center of pivot ball)
B = 12 15/16" (from bar center to center of pivot ball)

Distance between pivot balls = 34 7/8" (measured to center of balls)
Overall width (elbow to elbow) = 43 7/16"
Distance between chassis mount points (based on bushing wear marks) = 39 1/2"

Hope that helps.

-Ben
JWest
Just to clarify, it mounts at the "A" portion so that is the relevant dimension.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.