Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best carpet kit to buy?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rjames
Getting ready to put the interior back in and need some new carpet. Can anyone recommend which one I should purchase? Looking for black, or the charcoal color. I see a lot of carpet
kits out there (mostly on Evilbay).

Also, after removing the tar and rust, I metal readied and applied the por-15 stuff.
I'm concerned about having a lot of road noise now that the tar is gone. The aftermarket adhesive pads for sound deadening are really expensive. Does anyone have any suggestions for a cheaper alternative? Is something to deaden the sounds necessary with the carpet in there?

Allan
Check with Craig at Camp914. I have one of the kits he sells in my car and it's nice.
jfort
morphenspectra -- on this board
morph
Camp 914 sells a carpet kit?
idea.gif
james
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (jfort @ Mar 7 2006, 07:56 PM)

agree.gif james and Heidi are the shiznit!
Allan
QUOTE (morphenspectra @ Mar 7 2006, 06:05 PM)
Camp 914 sells a carpet kit?
idea.gif
james

He probably gets it fom you.

The bottom line is that it is very nice.

Skip the middleman and get it from James...
PatW
QUOTE (jfort @ Mar 7 2006, 04:56 PM)

agree.gif
anthony
What carpet kit would you guys buy for a concours condition all-original restoration?
Always Looking
regarding sound deadening - A guy on ebay (rubbermann7@msn.com) offered that his 3/16 neoprene 60 shore would do the trick, I haven't tried yet, but seems like an easy way. it comes in 4 by 2 sheets or he could cut to other lengths. confused24.gif
rjames
morphenspectra, got it. I'll be in contact :-)

RE: sound deadening- I was thinking about something made of rubber when walking down the halways in one of the buildings at work. Thin flat piece of rubber, big enough to cut out in maybe only a couple of pieces- driver's side and psnger's side, glue down, and then glue the carpet on over that. Hmmm I'll check out 'rubberman' from evilbay. Thanks AW.

If anyone has other ideas, I'd love to hear them.

boxstr
Allans carpet came from, Original Fit interiors the carpet they sell is sell is hands down the one and only carpet to put in a Porsche.
CCLINITFITS
mikey
What carpet kit would you guys buy for a concours condition all-original restoration?

I got the charcoal perlon carpet set from HPH. It's pricey but I really like the original look. You have to measure and punch a few holes in it for the seat belt bolts and handbrake rest. Installation is really easy if you're careful.

See my blog.

rjames
Allans carpet came from, Original Fit interiors the carpet they sell is sell is hands down the one and only carpet to put in a Porsche

Did a search for 'Original Fit' on google, couldn't find a # or a website for the company to look at them.

Do you have a link or contact info?
Porsche Rescue
Anthony, re: concours carpet, try Autos International
www.autosintl.com
More expensive than Original Fit
boxstr
John is a small one man operation. He has been a sponsor in Pano and Excellence for many many years. He has contributed to the 914 club many times, unknown to most people.
He is now located in Oakland Oregon, 110 Arrowhead Ranch rd. 541-459-1700.
CCLINSAYHI
Bruce Allert
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Mar 7 2006, 07:25 PM)
QUOTE (jfort @ Mar 7 2006, 07:56 PM)

agree.gif james and Heidi are the shiznit!

agree.gif
I was VERY pleased with theirs beer.gif

.......b
Root_Werks
I really liked the kit that CAMP914 can get. Good stuff.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (anthony @ Mar 7 2006, 06:40 PM)

Autos International does OE material and pattern interior pieces. The Cap'n
rjames
Will check into all of the above for interiors- thanks guys.

Any more input on sound deadening? Is it necessary? More ideas welcome...
blitZ
I used Fat Mat for replacing the heavy tar mats for sound proofing. Works good, easy install and cheaper the Dynamat.

I also used Morphenspectra's carpet kit. Easy install and looks great.

blitZ
floor...
blitZ
carpet...
ewdysar
Blitz,

Which kind of FatMat did you use? I understand that it comes in different thicknesses.

Eric
blitZ
QUOTE (ewdysar @ Mar 10 2006, 12:19 PM)
Blitz,

Which kind of FatMat did you use? I understand that it comes in different thicknesses.

Eric

I bought the Fat Mat Extreme in this Bulk Pak. I have enough left to repad the engine side firewall. It's 45 mil thickness.
Mike McGrath
For the sound deadening, I have used a roll-on app called Quiet Car with some very good results in my old BMW 2002. It comes in a big jug and you brush or roll it on. Nice b/c you can get it in all the nooks and crannies and on vertical surfaces where a mat may not cover it. I think it is about the same cost or a little cheaper than Dyna/Fat Mat. Timewise, may take a little longer than cutting pieces to fit, but there's always a catch.

Mike (in Portland)
craig downs
The web site for quiet car is www.quietcoat.com or www.quietcar.net. It has some good information. It cost around 250.00 for a 5 gallon bucket which will do the whole car.
They also sell it by the gallon. They recomend spraying three coat on for about a 20db noise drop. You can also brush or roll it on but spraying is recomended
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.