Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Buttonwillow PCA Event 4/15 & 16
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
The PCA Coastal Driving School is having a 2 day event at Buttonwillow April 15th and 16th. I'm thinking of going. It's $350 for 2 days or $185 for either the Saturday or Sunday (early bird prices). Normally you get a ton of track time and some great instruction. This group is low key and keeps it safe. Probably one of the best for beginners but the advanced group has some quick cars.

If they don't fill up they add non-Porsches.

Coastal Driving School at Buttonwillow

Anyone interested?

"I must convert as many as possible to the track!" happy11.gif

Bill P.
DanT
I'll probably be there biggrin.gif

Doing my usual instructional duties. Should have the car ready, so this should be the shake down cruise for "orange julius"
Getting the last of my oil cooler stuff together. Lines and sandwich plate are ordered along with the fittings I need.
rolleyes.gif

Is Doris going to make it down?

Hopefully I will get everything dialed in for TT #2 later that month.
Good time to scrub in my tires and get them heat cycled.

Bill is right....CDS is a great group to start your on track experiences with.

Great instruction, low key atmosphere, extremely safe and safety concious, usually tons of track time. Last year at BW most folks got over 3 hours of track time per day, if they wanted that much.

Come on down or up to Buttonwillow for a great day or two! clap56.gif boldblue.gif
Allan
Can I join this without any previous track time other than the diplomatic driving school I went to at Ft. Ord back in the 80's???
nine14cats
Allan,

Yes you can join in on the fun. Go to the Coastal driving link and check it out. It will tell you what you need to do to participate.

Dan,

I don't think Doris will be coming. I think her first event appears to be Zone 7 #2 at Santa Rosa. We'll miss Zone #1 since we will be running with the Viper club on the Friday before.

Bill P.
grantsfo
I might make it. cool.gif
nine14cats
Grant,

Looking good! clap56.gif You're farther along than my 914....I've been looking at some engines more seriously lately, but until the car paint gets closer, I don't feel pressured yet.

Hope to see you out there.

Bill P.
nine14cats
Hey...did anyone else notice Grant has a custom battery install on the left side of the engine bay?

laugh.gif

Bill P.
DanT
Yah, seems the oil tank is on the right side....Hmmmmm wink.gif wacko.gif

Nice progress Grant. smilie_pokal.gif
drew365
QUOTE (Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Mar 7 2006, 08:21 PM)
Yah, seems the oil tank is on the right side....Hmmmmm wink.gif wacko.gif

Nice progress Grant. smilie_pokal.gif

I bet if he posts a pic, it would be one of them rare right hand drive models! biggrin.gif
DanT
Now it looks as though someone has edited their post biggrin.gif cool_shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.