Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCA GGR AX#1 at Candlestick
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
Ok folks....

Who's in for AX#1 at Candlestick this weekend?

Here's a pic from last weekend's AX school I instructed at. I was giving one of my students a ride. I rolled on the start of the course and the torque of the motor still lifted the car..... rolleyes.gif

See you there....rain or shine!

Bill P.

nocones
Damn Bill,

That gets me a little... excited. shocked[1].gif wub.gif cool_shades.gif
DanT
Bill, looks as though your student was....shall we say perplexed?
Change of underwear after that run? wink.gif
Trekkor
I'm gonna have to skip this one.

If I do every weekend I'll get in trouble.

I'm at Thill on the 10th and the 31st.
Zone 1 and 2 on April 1st and 2nd.

Maybe I'll run Marina in there, too on March 19th confused24.gif

KT
Dr. Roger
sat and sunday?
fiid
It's on Saturday. I'm doing the course design. I'm hoping to run the 914 complete with turbo, but theres some ground to cover before then :|

nine14cats
Hey Fiid,

Great to hear that you'll finally get to compete! It will be fun to see how the suby power compares to all of the 4's and 6's out there.

Trekkor,

I know what you mean. The odds are I may sit the first Zone events out just to take a break. But I'm still trying to fit in the Sunday. If not, we'll just have to wait for Randal to get out there with hopefully Provasi, Nieslony and Andrew Blyholder. I'd like to see all of the NorCal TTOD 914's show up at the same event with their cars dialed.

That would be fun to watch!

Bill P.
DanT
That is the way it used to be years ago. usually at least 6-10 TTOD cars per event.
Bill Newlin
Provasi
DeMartini
Kimes
Lomatch
Seeger

and that was just the 914 contingent. biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
I haven't heard much from Steve Nieslony this spring. I saw one post saying he was hoping to have the car ready for April. CRAB maybe?

Rob
nine14cats
Geez, I didn't know that Steve's car was down. Did something bad happen to it? I hope not. I like watching Steve drive. aktion035.gif

Bill P.
Randal
Did something bad happen to it?

Can't remember who told me, but I believe Steve's Dad (highly respected engine builder / retired) is re-doing his motor.

Guess the motor needed to be freshened up after all those TTOD's.
ppickerell
I'll come up and watch till lunch, and then it's off to Burlingame for indoor karts! My 914 is now running bu not ready for prime time.
nine14cats
Bump for Andrew and the 944 Turbo! burnout.gif

Bill P.
McMark
I might drop by. idea.gif

No 914 though. Needs a new brake MC, plus I ain't got no wipers. lol2.gif
nine14cats
Neither do I! laugh.gif

Rain-X?

Bill P.
dan10101
How high above sea level is that parking lot? ohmy.gif

If all I see is a sea of green, i'm going back to bed...
Go ahead and call me a wimp, I don't care.. slap.gif

/O.CON.KMTR.SU.W.0004.000000T0000Z- 060311T2000Z/ SAN FRANCISCO- COASTAL NORTH BAY...INCLUDING POINT REYES NATIONAL SEASHORE- SAN FRANCISCO PENINSULA COAST- MONTEREY BAY... NORTHERN SALINAS VALLEY...HOLLISTER VALLEY...AND CARMEL VALLEY-BIG SUR COAST- 416 PM PST FRI MAR 10 2006
...HIGH SURF WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 12 PM PST SATURDAY...

LARGE NORTHWESTERLY SWELL WILL IMPACT THE CALIFORNIA COAST TONIGHT THROUGH MIDDAY SATURDAY. AT 3 PM...BUOY DATA NORTH OF HALF MOON BAY REPORTED COMBINED SEAS NEAR 20 FEET...WHILE SEAS SOUTH OF HALF MOON BAY HAVE BEEN AS HIGH AS 13 TO 15 FEET. EXPECT DANGEROUS SEAS RANGING MAINLY FROM 15 TO 18 FEET WITH SEAS LOCALLY REACHING 20 FEET AT TIMES OVERNIGHT.

A HIGH SURF WARNING INDICATES THAT DANGEROUS...BATTERING WAVES WILL POUND THE SHORELINE. THIS WILL RESULT IN VERY DANGEROUS SWIMMING CONDITIONS... AND DEADLY RIP CURRENTS. BOATERS TRAVELING IN THE WATER OR PEOPLE GOING THE BEACHES THIS WEEKEND ARE ADVISED TO TAKE PRECAUTIONS.
DanT
Candlestick parking lot is probably all of 20' above bay level...maybe even less.

ohmy.gif sad.gif
Steve_7x
I will not be there tomorrow - engine is still out but I am planning to get it in this weekend. Been pretty heads down on a new work project.

Dad didn't do the engine... this was my first time solo... so if you see me in my old silver 914 and 10 year old P6's... well you can read between the lines headbang.gif

Joy and I are planning to be at CRAB and the first Zone event over at the Schultz.

For a better part of last year the engine seemed to run on 3 or 3.5 cylinders, was underpowered and I was getting quite frustrating. At Fresno something got sucked into the cylinder and so the engine needed to come out. I think it was part of the air cleaner assembly (c-clip). Anyway... I took the whole bad boy apart to make sure any metal pieces were cleared out and I refreshed the heads (new valve and springs). I hop I am back to that 130hp I should have.

Hope to see you all at one of the upcoming events.

Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.