Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No Power/Long Warmup
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric Taylor
Alright, SO I finally got the idle taken car of by adjusting the ECU Screw. Now it idles nicely at around 1k. The only problem is that when I'm driving it the rev's don't really want to go above 4K. After that is start's to buck and seames like it will never see 5K. Other issues that I assume are related are on warmup. I have to give my car a good 3-4 min warmup before it will idle proberly and in the process it blows white smoke. Once that is going the car is good to drive all the way up to 4K. I recently put in a set of points,cap,plugs and wires. The only thing's that come to mind for me is to set the dwell/timing and adjust the valve's. Could it be as simple as that?
Eric

P.S.
Do you have to pull the distributor to replace the condensor? I couldn't see another way around it, so I haven't done that yet. Oh yeah, I'm a newbie to being a mechanic, so be gentle smile.gif
SirAndy
white smoke??? that usually means water ...
confused24.gif

Andy
sj914
I thought white smoke meant burnt valves. I could be wrong.
TheCabinetmaker
Black smoke is fuel related
Blue smoke is oil
White smoke is ignition

Pull diz to change condenser is easiest way.

Valves adjusted, dwell adjusted, then timing.
One degree change in dwell equals two degrees change in timing. If you've not adjusted valves before, have someone show you how before you
f--k up a motor.
Eric Taylor
bump
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.