Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WWOT: Physicist job opening
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jhadler
I knew this is a stretch, but what the heck... I know there are quite a few professional geeks here. So....

We have an opening coming up shortly for a radiation/health physicist. Knowledge of ionizing and non-ionizing radiation a must. RF/microwave, optical, and sealed/non-sealed radiation sources. All that cool stuff.

PM me if you have any interest.

Thanks,

-Josh2
davep
Hey, I'm a mad physicist! I even have my copy of 'Introduction To Health Physics' within arms reach. I'm not sure they would want me to cross the border though.

Dave
BSc Physics 1978
jhadler
QUOTE (davep @ Mar 8 2006, 01:55 PM)
Hey, I'm a mad physicist! I even have my copy of 'Introduction To Health Physics' within arms reach. I'm not sure they would want me to cross the border though.

Dave
BSc Physics 1978

Cool!

If you're the right guy for the job, and willing to move on your own, give it a go. I was already told that relocation would not be covered. Hmmm.... Don't know about the whole not-a-US-resident/citizen thing though. It's a full blown Gub'ment job. What the heck, the worst they could say is "no" right? The RCMP would protect you from the black helicopters right? biggrin.gif

And then there'd be -two- 914s on site... Well, at least two -owners-... laugh.gif

-Josh2
john rogers
Humm, I was a Navy Nuc engineer for over 20 years, but the 18 REMS I got were more than enough....
ConeDodger
I don't do Gov't work. Besides there is the whole "those who can't do teach thing..."
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (john rogers @ Mar 8 2006, 08:42 PM)
Humm, I was a Navy Nuc engineer for over 20 years, but the 18 REMS I got were more than enough....

Bet you are handy to have around in a power failure...... Cause you probably glow in the dark.

av-943.gif
STL914
QUOTE (jhadler @ Mar 8 2006, 01:26 PM)

We have an opening coming up shortly for a radiation/health physicist. Knowledge of ionizing and non-ionizing radiation a must. RF/microwave, optical, and sealed/non-sealed radiation sources.

I'm not really qualified for this radiation/health physicist position, in fact I have no knowledge of ionizing and non-ionizing radiation, RF/microwave, optical, and sealed/non-sealed radiation sources, but if there's a Holiday Inn Express near by, I've always wanted to live in Colorado.
914werke
In an prior life I worked for a Nuclear Health physicist here in the Puget sound area.
I performed various tasks including Thyroid scans at the local bio reasearch labs, calibrated meters and evan collecte low level bio-rad waste and trucked it to hanford for disposal cool.gif
Do I qualify? lol2.gif
jhadler
QUOTE (john rogers @ Mar 8 2006, 06:42 PM)

Yoiks! That's a pretty good amount there John. I take it you don't need a bedside light to read by at night?

Reminds me of a chap I met many years ago. He was an underwater welder that worked on containment vessels. You know, the guy who dives into the containment pool of a reactor to weld up a broken whatever. When asked about what his does limits were, he said they were pretty strict, and would only let him do one or two dives a year. "But not to worry" he said, he works for five different companies and they don't share dosimetery information. When asked if he thought it was safe to do that, he said "Sure! Okay, every once in a while I get a pretty bad sunburn, but it's no big deal...".... ohmy.gif

Man, I hope he was done with his chomosomes by then... wacko.gif

-Josh2
jhadler
Hey Gary,

As it turns out, there is a Holiday Inn Express in town! I'll bet if you stay there the night before your interview, you might even get a full research job! biggrin.gif

-Josh2
Pakis
I'm was taken back, my spouse was in the Navy(Nuc. Sub.) He worked at MDACC Radiation Safety dept. and is now a Medical Dosimetrist. He has a BS in Radiation Safety, not many people know about the Health Physics field. As a 10th Anv. he bought me a 914 and has been upgrading it. I happen to be looking for some info and can across your job opening.
jhadler
Yup, it takes all kinds of nut balls to form this non-club of 914 geeks... biggrin.gif

-Josh2
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.