Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2006 Hershey
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Engman
Well - made my reservations.

I will be arriving on the night of the 20th. Plan to tour Friday and do the swap thing on Sat.

Staying at the Chocolatetown Motel in Hershey (reasonable rates).

So who all else will be there - perhaps a get together Friday night can be set up?

M
Doug Leggins
When is the event -what month?
Engman
April 22, 2006.

for more details ---- Linky

M
r_towle
I will probably drive down for the day.
I hope to Bring my son in his car, but maybe we will just drive in one car...who knows.

Are you setting up a booth?

Rich
Engman
Yep - booth space reserved.

I will have my oldest son there as well - He is taking time off from work.

M
Kerrys914
I will be there with the Wife and son from Friday to Sunday A.M.

I be sure to stop by and say hi and maybe buy a thing or two smile.gif aktion035.gif
type47
ummm, sleeping in the caravan?

seeing bill in baltimore; performance will end about 1am then drive to hershey, sleep til dawn; swap all day..... doesn't get any better than that smile.gif
scottb
will be there with angst ridden 9 year old son in tow (teen stuff starts early these days). we are staying at the Country Inn Suites Harrisburg arriving on friday... chosen for the indoor pool to cool the hot 9 year old angst......

and it's close to the swap stuff too!

cheers....

SLKWrx
I'll be there. Happily I live close enough to sleep in my own nice warm bed. Can't wait to see all the lovely cars and parts for sale
cantley914
Does anyone have info on closeby motel from swap/meet at reasonable rate?

ie: website, phone #...

Steph

wavey.gif
Engman
Its all in the linky I put up.

Chocolatetown is $75/ 2beds a night. You have to call.

M
cantley914
Thanks a bunch, Will call
Hope to meet some of you`s overthere

It`ll be a long drive but well worth it

Steph

driving.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
Engman:
There are a bunch of us leaving Fri, A.M. from N.W. Ohio , picking up more from Clevland and Akron area. N.W. Ohio group staying at the same motel. Arrive
4:30 ish, clean up,dinner, then to the Bears Den to socialize with other Porsche aholics. Will look for you Fri. night. Dave slap.gif
RON S.
I'll be there as well,walking around withthe same dumb look huh.gif huh.gif

and mixing it in with a little drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif

Ron
mack914
Chocloatetown motel here we come. Dave I will being hooking up with you for the AM trip on Friday the 21st from Toledo. mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif
smdubovsky
I'll also be there (and have a vendor spot). Driving up that morning.

Engman, will you be selling your pedal board kits and all? That should make you easy enough to identify.

BTW, don't sleep till noon. The good stuff is all gone by then...

SMD
JerryP
...had some parts to sell but my dad will be in for some surgery on the 21st so the vendor spot is out. If all goes well though...I'll be there Saturday...walking around drooling and asking lots of stupid questions....just like every other year. beer.gif
Kerrys914
The Swap rule's at Hershey smile.gif

rolleyes.gif Get there early for the BEST stuff

wink.gif Stay late for the BEST deals on stuff you don't need..

I always come back late and pick up most of my Junk wacko.gif Most guys will take a offer on it if it means they don't have to pack it up again..

Love those swap meets...Swap'n cash for crap wub.gif ...With some good stuff thrown in for good measure clap56.gif
Engman
Yep - will have everything there. Even got a folding canopy. Son and I planned this last year.

Will plan on the Bears Den for dinner on Friday.

M
jfort
I hope to drive over from NW Ohio with the group. Made reservations at Chocolate Town Hotel.
cnavarro
I'll be there, as usual. As always, come by the table for a free cylinder (keychain).
Kerrys914
jsharp.gif

Hey can I place a stack of flyers (8.5x11 sheets) on someone's table??

It will be an East Coast Cookout detail/contact info sheet.

Cheers driving.gif driving.gif

It's going to be BIG this year ohmy.gif type.gif
Engman
Sure - come on by.

M
type47
if'n you spot me in my AA T-shirt, it's because it has a nice cut away pix of the 914 (like in the Haynes) and it was FREE and i'm a CSOB...... please, don't throw rocks at the wearer....
Dr Evil
I live here so I am in. If anyone has car issues, I have a local support spot wink.gif
turboman808
This sounds really cool. I will have to come down and buy some stuff biggrin.gif

I need some fancy pedals and floor boards. Not to mention I would love fiberglass bumpers and carbon hood and trunk.

I'll bring cheap japanesse shiftknobs and clip on pedals for all...

Then we can all do donuts in the parking lots.
evan
Hey I am new to this Hershey swap. Do a lot of people show up with their cars? Mostly 914's or all Porsche's ? I am hoping to bring my 10 yr. old nephew who's had a rough year with mom and dad seperating. I think he would get a kick out of driving up and seeing a lot of cool cars.
ejm
I'll be there for the Friday night festivities beer.gif

Do a lot of people show up with their cars?

There's been 1000+ cars in the Porsche only lot some years...
ajracer
Count in TWO more from the Great White North !

We are driving in for the weekend and hopefully early
enough to visit Carlisle for the Classic Car event on
the Thursday/Friday. Were staying at the Cocoa Motel
in Hershey. Hopefully we can hook up with some other
in the area and at the swap meet. This will be a First
trip to Hershey meet and looking forward to the deals !
SORRY won't get to drive down the 914 V8 this time sad.gif

Allan

turboman808
to bad it's not a carisle. thats a fun place. But I have never been to hershey and would like to go.

Now who is gonna bring there bicycle??? I need a bike rack.
wilchek
Send me a PM if you plan on attending and your are driving your 914. I will get a group location for thw 914 club in the porsche only parking. We just need a minimum of 10 cars. It may be easier to meet up that way. Hershey is a big place and it is hard to get everyone in one spot.
zymurgist
I'll show up with Babydoll if she's running by then. (Knock wood.) Hopefully I will make some progress this weekend (that and puttin brakes on the Panzer Tank).
IanStott
I am so looking forward to this, will be driving down with my sister who is also a car nut. Staying at my brother's in New Jersey, driving to Hershey Sat. morning. Will good directions be posted on our website closer to the date? I would very much like to chat with owners who have restores or are in the middle of restoring their car, I'm having a good time doing mine but feel far away and by myself as most people here are doing camaro's and mustangs if you know what I mean. Looking forward to buying a few things as well.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
type47
QUOTE (turboman808 @ Mar 9 2006, 09:10 PM)
to bad it's not a carisle. thats a fun place.

hershey is 10^6 times better than carlisle
nomore9one4
QUOTE (turboman808 @ Mar 9 2006, 09:10 PM)
to bad it's not a carisle. thats a fun place. But I have never been to hershey and would like to go.

Now who is gonna bring there bicycle??? I need a bike rack.

I believe Carlisle is going on too! beer.gif
nomore9one4
QUOTE (ejm @ Mar 9 2006, 06:24 PM)
I'll be there for the Friday night festivities beer.gif

Do a lot of people show up with their cars?

There's been 1000+ cars in the Porsche only lot some years...

Not many 914's, but some. I love to see them. Some are in such bad shape it makes me feel like mine is of the showroom floor! lol2.gif
Dr Evil
I made some serious progress on my car today so I may be making it with my car, Dan. I would like to be one of the 10+ in the lot.
wilchek
Good to hear the car is almost on the pavement. It is about that time in the east to bring the cars out of hibernation. Let me know if you need a hand. I am sure we could knock out any problems and get it on the road over a weekend of work.

PS: keep sending me you name for out coral at the meet. I need to send at least 10 names to get a spot reserved
Dr Evil
Mosty of what is needed now is wiring for all of my new widgets and doodads that I have put in with the new engine. I reinstalled the oil cooler, interior sound deadening, exhaust, seatbelts (almost, need to find a bolt), and some other things today. Tomarrow (Sat), I am gonna build a work bench, finish up the major wiring, assemble the door glass....and other things.

I am off for the week for spring break. Gonna geter done smilie_pokal.gif

Put oil in it today and it has not leaked....yet wink.gif

Ya can PM me if you got time to kill and want to stop by. Your always welcome.
type47
QUOTE (boboli914@att.net @ Mar 10 2006, 04:34 PM)

that would be spring carlisle but spring carlisle is an antique auto as in model T's, A's more antique than 914's. if you're interested in carlisle and our cars, check out import/kit car carlisle in may. they have a web site. import carlisle has lots of british, swedish, kit cars.
djm914-6
I'll be there with BCinSC. We'll have a table somewhere. I can't bring the 914 even though a very kind member offered to help me fix it. I just don't have the time to fix the and get enough product together to sell.

Please stop by and say Hi.
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
Hay:
This guy did some work for me a couple of years ago
the words don't exist to describe the quality of work he does. And personaly he is a great guy. Dave slap.gif
Leo Imperial
I'm going to try to make this one.
Leaking FI, but should be an easy fix.
Put me in for the 914 parking.

Anyone interested in getting a few car together for the ride down???
Jersey could be a meeting place for all from the north and LI.
okieflyr
I'll be there on Saturday with a few things to sell or give away. I need more room for the stuff I need to buy there!

Kevin Barnes
GBallantine
914 VENDORS ATTENDING HERSEY

I'm looking to pickup the following iterms at Hersey.

Lexan windshield aka Ginther

Modified front( raised) spindles on struts

Slotted front rotors

If you have such items let me know and arrangements can be made for pickup on the Sat..

Gord B

Dr Evil
Man I have been enjoying my vacation. I have been doing about 8 hrs a day on my car and am very close to drivable....I just need to stop being a puss and turn the damn key dry.gif (turned key= moving parts= possibility for damage= more $$$ and time than I will have in the next 10 years sad.gif ) Gotta think positive thoughts, gotta go to corral!

Wish me luck
yarin
I'll be there looking for one or two race seats. I'd like a set of Corbeau Forzas with 914 mounting rails. Anyone selling something similar. I've got a Kirkey race seat in there now i'd like to sell. Anyone interested?
Kerrys914
Are you driving to the event? I wouldn't mind checking the seat out dry.gif

Cheers
yarin
QUOTE (Kerrys914 @ Mar 14 2006, 12:01 PM)
Are you driving to the event? I wouldn't mind checking the seat out dry.gif

Cheers

I won't be driving the 914, in a month i hope to complete the MS install and have it partially tuned.

But I can take pics of the seat, take measurements and if you are interested I can bring it to Hershey.
zymurgist
QUOTE (type47 @ Mar 11 2006, 07:20 AM)
QUOTE (boboli914@att.net @ Mar 10 2006, 04:34 PM)

that would be spring carlisle but spring carlisle is an antique auto as in model T's, A's more antique than 914's. if you're interested in carlisle and our cars, check out import/kit car carlisle in may. they have a web site. import carlisle has lots of british, swedish, kit cars.

And no Porsches except for NARPs!

At least, that's the way it looks to me... last year there were 5 914's, 2 Boxsters, and a few 944's. Oh, and one blue 1970 911 with a 2.4 MFI engine.

I have to wonder what else was going on that Porsche people would have gone to... perhaps there was an event that day at VIR or Summit Point last year.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.