Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Somewhere in TJ......
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JB 914
Spoke with Alberto aka lagunero today and relayed the souper sekrit paint codes via secure sat. phone. The transformation is nearly complete.

My baby has had the bumps and bruises repaired and is getting a new color. take one last look below. idea.gif now, if i can just get it all back together.
skline
So I take it you went with the different color? Where is the after pic? This thread will be on page 3 or 4 by the time you get it back. Are you just trying to tease all of us?
Aaron Cox
you tease...

rumor has it he painted it green and white... like dollar bills laugh.gif
cbenitah
if any of you are down there, snap some pics of mine please.. then I dont have to risk getting caught by the border patrol all the time cool_shades.gif
JB 914
QUOTE (skline @ Mar 8 2006, 10:41 PM)
So I take it you went with the different color? Where is the after pic? This thread will be on page 3 or 4 by the time you get it back. Are you just trying to tease all of us?

It's not going to be red
cbenitah
QUOTE (JB 914 @ Mar 8 2006, 09:57 PM)

It's not going to be red

that makes two of us... mine was red going down.. not red coming back shocked[1].gif
Brent
QUOTE (cbenitah @ Mar 8 2006, 09:59 PM)
QUOTE (JB 914 @ Mar 8 2006, 09:57 PM)

It's not going to be red

that makes two of us... mine was red going down.. not red coming back shocked[1].gif

Hope your cars are not too much alike, otherwise, you may each be getting each others back. happy11.gif
newto914s
Los Panchos?
What is it going to set you back?
Brian Mifsud
what kind of bumps and bruises? Any external rust?

My car has rust spots at base of windshield, and the drainage channels in the trunk area. Would they do a proper "metal finish" type of job or big bondo?

Looking forward to see your results and a description of what they fixed before painting.

Did they provide the paint?

Thanks

Brian
redshift
Woot!

Another one gets done, and mine just lumps along! sheeplove.gif

M
john rogers
I went down to pick up my race car yesterday and they were sanding away like crazy on lotes of primer spots. I think one guy was working on the Targa top and another doing the rockers, I.E. knocking out some dents. The panels looked pretty smooth when I checked things.
JB 914
QUOTE (Brian Mifsud @ Mar 9 2006, 12:03 AM)
what kind of bumps and bruises? Any external rust?

My car has rust spots at base of windshield, and the drainage channels in the trunk area. Would they do a proper "metal finish" type of job or big bondo?

Looking forward to see your results and a description of what they fixed before painting.

Did they provide the paint?

Thanks

Brian

I had some rust. I fixed most of it, but, there were a few spots that they were going to fix. My understanding is they cut out the old and weld in the new.

my car had alot of waves in the panels and doors. probably from "flex" and i installed the inner long kit to stiffen up that problem. Waves are a pain to get out and require alot of body time smash.gif

mine was going to be around 2k. Thats for everything + they are scraping the wheel wells and repainting black. Also, they are painting the trunks, engine bay, interior. Clear coat and color sand.

I have not seen the finished product, but, i'm not taking my other car to Los Panchos. I can get it done locally for a few hundred dollars more and not have to hassle with trailering it to Mexico.

I really like the cars i've seen that were done down at Los Panchos, but, they need to be priced less than OC enough to make the trip worthwhile.
JB 914
QUOTE (john rogers @ Mar 9 2006, 09:02 AM)
I went down to pick up my race car yesterday and they were sanding away like crazy on lotes of primer spots. I think one guy was working on the Targa top and another doing the rockers, I.E. knocking out some dents. The panels looked pretty smooth when I checked things.

smilie_pokal.gif
Toast
Where's your little lady co-pilot that likes toast?
biggrin.gif
Toast
Are you going to paint it Pink? laugh.gif
spunone
Heh Joe where about in OC for the paint would like to check out there work.Thanks Paul
JB 914
QUOTE (Toast @ Mar 9 2006, 01:17 PM)
Are you going to paint it Pink? laugh.gif

av-943.gif

I had to veto that! Midnight Blue Pearl. Very dark blue color.
JB 914
QUOTE (spunone @ Mar 9 2006, 01:37 PM)
Heh Joe where about in OC for the paint would like to check out there work.Thanks Paul

Big Ray's Bodyshop. It's in Hawaiian Gardens on Carson.

Did you see Doug's car at Joe Sharp's? The grey v8? he had it done at that shop. they did nice work.

JB 914
Thanks to Alberto for the help with the car. We picked it up at Los Panchos today. Overall they did a good job. I've seen some of the other cars they have done over the years and it's as good.

Not the best picture, but, all i got right now. i'll take some more in the morning after i unload it from the trailer.
Aaron Cox
NICE....

i know the feeling.

AA mueba.gif
Flat VW
QUOTE (JB 914 @ Mar 9 2006, 03:46 PM)
QUOTE (spunone @ Mar 9 2006, 01:37 PM)

Big Ray's Bodyshop. It's in Hawaiian Gardens on Carson.

Did you see Doug's car at Joe Sharp's? The grey v8? he had it done at that shop. they did nice work.

Yep, sharp car.

John
JB 914
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Mar 25 2006, 10:48 AM)
NICE....

i know the feeling.

AA mueba.gif

I'll get Skline to come over and take some pics. my camera sux
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (JB 914 @ Mar 25 2006, 11:41 AM)
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Mar 25 2006, 10:48 AM)
NICE....

i know the feeling.

AA mueba.gif

I'll get Skline to come over and take some pics. my camera sux

how does a computer guru not have a good digital camera???

how did it come out? are you happy??

AA smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
JB 914
pics at

my 71 w/ new paint
Allan
Nice Joe!!!

Looks like it came out really well.

Now get er done and driving.gif
tat2dphreak
smilie_pokal.gif looks amazing man!!! clap56.gif
JB 914
I am pleased. They forgot to do the bumpers. Alberto offered the owner a room, three coronas and either Aaron or MattR on his next trip down if they would recover my dash.

So, that's what we took. Thanks in advance Aaron and MattR. You have to bring your own protection. sheeplove.gif
Gint
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

...decent pics that is...
JB 914
Pic 1
JB 914
pic 2
JB 914
pic 3
john rogers
I saw the car when they first started and it was a tad rough and looks much much better now!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.