Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weltmeister springs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DanT
Does anyone have direct access to or know off the top of their heads:

On the older Welts that do not have the actual spring rate printed on them what the color codes mean.

Silver stripe

Green stripe

Thanks
sk8kat1
icon_bump.gif
Mueller
Dan,

I can measure them for you at home with my non-certified weight stacks smile.gif

DanT
You have to be kidding me....

With all the knowledge and history that is contained in this non-club, no one has any idea about the color codes on Weltmeister.

Give a few of us a break that are genuinely interested in this information.

Thanks for the offer Mike. I might have to take you up on that.
smile.gif
Trekkor
What rate are you hoping for?

KT
DanT
I have a set of each...I believe the green stripe is 180#s and the silvers I believe are 140#s.
Just trying to get confirmation so I can sell the 140s with a clear conscience. smile.gif

The green 180s were NOS in the original box and packaging that I got from Jeff Reitmeir. So I am pretty positive on those.

I also have a set of stock length 100#

Both the silver and green stripe are shorter length for lowering. I don't think Welt. 100#s came in the shorter length.

Hoping some one here can set me straight.
mrdezyne
Dan, do you have pics? My teener came with green stripe springs, I don't know enough to tell if they are stock or aftermarket. I'm waiting for the official numbers too....

popcorn[1].gif
DanT
icon_bump.gif poke.gif
grantsfo
Dan, I have a set of 175 lb Eibachs that will work with coilover collars if yours dont work out.
DanT
Thanks Grant.
If I go to threaded collars I am planning on going to at least 200s if not 225s. I like a car with just a bit of oversteer.

I spoke with Gabe at Strassee today and he said that he believes the green stripes are 180s and the silver stripe are 140s.
I am hoping to get some verification before I sell the 140s.
The green stripes are already on my car....180s hopefully. I guess I will have to brake down and put some weight on the end of them and measure deflection.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.