Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can we start a NEW members' pic thread for '06?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TROJANMAN
just thought it would be nice to have current pics of everyone's cars. Members and cars, have all come and gone since the first one was started. It also takes A LOT of effort to look up someone's pic. PLUS everyone's cars probably look different now.

Maybe it would be a good idea to start a new one every year (or every other year). Then we can archive the old one. maybe one or two pics per car, so it doesn't get ridiculously long. just a thought................................

can I start?
dweymer
user posted image

givemebeer.gif please
Kargeek
Why not create a registry? Members post info and pictures. DH
drewvw

I only have a couple crappy pics of my car right now. The sun is supposed to shine here on saturday, I'll try and take some good ones then....
jgara962
QUOTE (Kargeek @ Mar 9 2006, 10:45 AM)
Why not create a registry? Members post info and pictures. DH

agree.gif

If it's possible. Threre are more conversations then pictures in the other threads. It takes forever to go through them.
ClayPerrine
If all of you want a thread that has just car pictures in it, then you are going to have to refrain from posting anything else in that thread.

Or you can have the BAMFH spank anyone who posts anything but a car pict. biggrin.gif

Toast
QUOTE (dweymer @ Mar 9 2006, 10:40 AM)
user posted image

givemebeer.gif please

wub.gif

laugh.gif
Toast
Then I can post new pics of my yellow car when I get it out of the shop.
tat2dphreak
why doesn't everyone just put pics in their blog? that way it would be searchable, clickable... not just scroll through 100s of the ones you've seen, to see the new one... or find the pic you saw months ago and want to see again and drool all over...

I know, stupid question.

I like the registry idea...
jd74914
QUOTE (dweymer @ Mar 9 2006, 01:40 PM)
user posted image

givemebeer.gif please

Is that a Beck Kit?
Rand
It also takes A LOT of effort to look up someone's pic

Andy is going to want to slap me down because I keep bringing this up smile.gif but... IMHO there should be a place in the user profile for photos. Want to see a member's mug shot or car? Click on their screen name! Am I the only one who thinks that's a good idea?
Bleyseng
Way to go Rand, cool idea! You get a medal for it.. smilie_pokal.gif
Terrance
screwy.gif
Andyrew
A registery is the only way to go....

Jenny
QUOTE (Rand @ Mar 9 2006, 01:20 PM)
Want to see a member's mug shot or car? Click on their screen name! Am I the only one who thinks that's a good idea?

agree.gif I'm with Wayne here. Bloggity blog blog. Wanna see my mug or my car? do a search for me, then look at my blog. (Hypothetically speaking, I mean. Don't really do it, I don't have much of anything in my blog.)

Jen

edit: Okay, I've uploaded my mug and car.
Bleyseng
Jenny, I hope thats a old pic of you in the car. Its all torn apart!
Kargeek
We should set up a registry link with listings by year- vin- six or four, alternitive engines etc.

I had my Bimmer's listed in the BMW M regisrty- here's an example:

M registry

My old E34- I miss that car!
Kargeek's E34 listing

DH
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (Kargeek @ Mar 9 2006, 02:38 PM)

My old E34- I miss that car!

DH

could you tell me more about that car. i have one in my sights with 75k miles on the clock. smile.gif
Kargeek
TROJANMAN,

It depends on what year and engine...M5, 540- 530 or the 525i. The M5 is bulletproof, some of the V8 cars had probelms with their engine block and were updated- replaced under a recall- warranty program. The inline 6 525 is a good engine but not for performance.

The E34's also had problems with their door panels and headliners comming apart- BMW used wimpy glue so, you may see door panel delaminating.

Overall a great handling and responsive car. I replaced mine with an E39 and I would rather have the M5 back.

here's a good site for your research:
E34 Site

DH
TROJANMAN
i was asking about your car specifically. i am looking at a 91 M5. i am somewhat torn between that car and a newer M3 sedan.
Ray Warren
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Gint
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Mar 9 2006, 11:24 AM)
just thought it would be nice to have current pics of everyone's cars.  Members and cars, have all come and gone since the first one was started.  It also takes A LOT of effort to look up someone's pic.  PLUS everyone's cars probably look different now.

Maybe it would be a good idea to start a new one every year (or every other year).  Then we can archive the old one.  maybe one or two pics per car, so it doesn't get ridiculously long.  just a thought................................

can I start?

You're already off topic. You can't stay on topic to save yer ass. biggrin.gif But you can start a new thread if you want to. That's the beauty of this place.

There's a pic of my /6 on the first page of the Members 914 pictures thread. I still have that car. I'll update the pic when the resto is complete. I added the new car to it as well. Something anyone can do. That is one of the oldest threads on this site and I think it speaks for itself with reagrd to it's validity.

That thread is staying there.

I do like a registry or at least have everyone post pics of their rides in their blogs.

TROJANMAN
my idea didn't get far, so i thought i'd start talking about M5's biggrin.gif
Kargeek
T,

If you are looking at a E36 M3 by all means the E34 is a much better car. The USA version E36 did not have the euro motor and had problems with rear suspension mount integrity. The newest M3 is a good car however, if the M5 checks out I would rather have it. I sold my E34 last November with 76,000 miles for 20K. It needed nothing.

Make sure that the car has been maintained, with valve adjustments and fluid changes. Brakes are cheap and easy to do. 300.00 for rotors and pads. The engines are bullet proof and have an exhaust note and idle timing overlap that is addicting.

These are the last of the hand built M cars. Limited production. I have tons of info and documentation on these as I also had a E28 M5 with the S38 engine. Both vehicles were two of the best cars I've ever owned.

One key issue is the old style R12 freon A/C system. Many have retrofit with R134 however, I lost a compressor and rebuilt with R12.

PM me if you want discuss more- call me if you like. Good Luck! DH
TROJANMAN
i like the E36 M3, just because it was the only M3 that came with 4 doors. I've always preferred smaller cars to bigger ones, because they are more "tossable". I was hopig to AX and track the M3. I know the M5 is a fantastic hwy car, but not sure about AX and track.

The pro to the M5 is that it fits the family better. I also like its rarity. The seller is a total anal prick, so i know the car was well cared for. he bought a 92 M5 with 25k on the clock, and that is why he is selling.

pm me your #, i may want to talk. thanks

Aaron Cox
who is this guy? he hijacks his own thread?

go bimmer land.... laugh.gif flipa.gif
SLITS
user posted image

I was gonna wash and wax it, but it's going to rain and snow.
Lou W
Nice car Ron, are you the original owner? biggrin.gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Mar 9 2006, 04:26 PM)
who is this guy? he hijacks his own thread?

go bimmer land.... laugh.gif flipa.gif

too much chatter and not enough pictures, just like the original picture thread. dry.gif
TROJANMAN
hey ron,
i thought you agreed not post the before pictures of gint's car. laugh.gif
jgara962
Man, this is just like the other thread, two pages long and only four pictures of cars! wacko.gif

The one thing that's nice about just having a thread with only the cars is that you can just randomly scroll through and see everyone's rides. I wouldn't do that if I had too specificaly look up someone's blog.
Howard
Your wish, etc. Click on any picture.

[URL
Howard
Gint
I fixed yer junk Howie...
Howard
QUOTE (Gint @ Mar 9 2006, 06:31 PM)

It's Howard, and what did you fix?? smile.gif
Gint
QUOTE (Howard @ Mar 9 2006, 07:37 PM)
QUOTE (Gint @ Mar 9 2006, 06:31 PM)

It's Howard, and what did you fix?? smile.gif

Sorry... I'll put it back now.

Look at your first post with the scrolling pics from frappr. I put that one back the way you had it.
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (jgara962 @ Mar 9 2006, 05:44 PM)
Man, this is just like the other thread, two pages long and only four pictures of cars! wacko.gif

The one thing that's nice about just having a thread with only the cars is that you can just randomly scroll through and see everyone's rides. I wouldn't do that if I had too specificaly look up someone's blog.

agree.gif

but this thread got off track real fast. burnout.gif
Dead Air
Nice Howard
Hey, look there's my girlfriend! Oop, too late!
Dead Air
icon_bump.gif
xsboost90
ok so heres my car thats not mine anymore, my current car is a 944. Still love the teeners though, i'll have a nice one some day again... unsure.gif
xsboost90
the current 89 944 2.7
xsboost90
i got to drive cptntripps car last year at - 944fest for all places- very nice guy- he still on here?
Gint
You sold that beauty after all of that work eh Dan? I was wondering what happened to you. CptTripps has been MIA for a while too now.
xsboost90
well i was bragging to the PO about all the work i had done and how nice it was and he wanted to see it. After looking it over he decided he had to have it back so i ended up trading the 914 back for my 944 that had previously been mine and had been traded for the 914 AND a 924s, so now my gf has a 924 and i have a 944 that is frequently tracked. My next 914 will be a six and will be blasted before i go working on welding anything up for sure! wacko.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.