Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Might hear more about VW's mid-engined sports car.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Charles Deutsch
Charles Deutsch
It doesn't look like much from this angle.

IPB Image
Charles Deutsch
Help hype the VW Concept R by voting it "Star of the Show" at http://www.caranddriver.com .

"Volkswagen Concept R

In the VW lineup (and even in Audi’s), a true roadster does not exist. Volkswagen is obviously tired of that fact, and having no answer to the Porsche Boxster, Honda S2000, and Mercedes-Benz SLK must feel like rubbing salt on a wound. By the looks of the Concept R, Volkswagen has been busy wiping off the salt, and appears to be serious about this whole roadster deal. VW is being rather coy, saying only that the R, “indicates a view to the future of the Brand and possible commitments in the sports car segment.” Dressed in “Frozen Sky” paint and “Dark Earth” interior leather, the rear-drive Concept R is propelled by a mid-mounted 261-horsepower V-6 engine mated to a six-speed direct shift gearbox (DSG), a combo capable of 0 to 62 mph in 5.3 seconds, according to VW. Like many classic roadsters, the R features two body domes behind the driver and co-driver for style, wind deflection, and rollover protection."
p914
While I like the VW, I had to vote for the Mclaren.
Charles Deutsch
TRAITOR ! laugh.gif There's probably very little chance that you (or I) are going to buy the Mclaren so hype the VW.
need4speed
POLISHED aluminum dash? Wear extra dark sunglasses, or maybe welding goggles, when driving.
echocanyons
The TT cab isnt a roadster?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.