Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Im going to Kansas City ... Here I come
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
I got the ETU ( engine transport unit) loaded in to the back of Dads truck. It fit like it was made for it cool_shades.gif
spare time toys
The next big chalange was to get all of this into the box ohmy.gif Funny thing it didnt look like that muck spread all over the shop wacko.gif
spare time toys
First thing to go in was the heart of the beast. sad.gif This officialy brings the German8Tor project to a close. I could have used about 2 more inches of lift biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
ohmy.gif Holy Crap! Nice work. See ya there! aktion035.gif driving-girl.gif
spare time toys
Got the engine in and packed the rest of the parts in and around it. lots more room left than I thought there would be beerchug.gif
spare time toys
I put the lid on and the official lable on the tailgate clap56.gif We are gassed up and ready to go in the AM. Ill take photos of the great transfer you will get a kick out of how this goes from one truck to another. Verry high tech cool_shades.gif
rick 918-S
Are there casters on that box? Do I need to bring any planks to transfer the box?
spare time toys
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Mar 10 2006, 12:01 PM)
Are there casters on that box? Do I need to bring any planks to transfer the box?

Got big ol casters with brakes on them. These are the ones for matts roll away box thats why I need them sent back wink.gif I have ramps that are the width of the casters so we just roll it out of Dads truck and into yours.
rick 918-S
wink.gif
VegasRacer
Kansas City you say? smile.gif My old stomping grounds.

I have one word of advice for you . . . . . . . . 'Rosedale BBQ'. chowtime.gif
spare time toys
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Mar 10 2006, 12:25 PM)
Kansas City you say? smile.gif My old stomping grounds.

I have one word of advice for you . . . . . . . . 'Rosedale BBQ'. chowtime.gif

Is it a chain or just a single place? Oh and photo with the wheels on the box
VegasRacer
Rosedale BBQ is not a chain. It is located at 600 Southwest Blvd. It is on the Kansas side, less than 1 mile off I-35.
spare time toys
I printed it off. Thanks.
rick 918-S
drooley.gif
spare time toys
Just got home. We need a kissing the ground smile. We raced storms all the way untill Muskogee OK. VERRY strong winds and crap blowing all over wacko.gif It was a successfull transfer of the ETU. It went so quick the photographers didnt get any shots lol2.gif Rosedale BBQ is now a support for the freeway ohmy.gif at least thats what was at the address in the review cool_shades.gif
spare time toys
You know if you look at Dads photo of our trip to Cal. and how Barb looks riding on this trip, I must be real fun driving down the road sad.gif
rick 918-S
Glad to see you made it home. We traveled through golf ball sized hail. High winds, rain, and snow as we hit MN. The Mothership preformed flawlessly. It was a successful Alien Rescue. We couldn't fine the BBQ place John. sad.gif

Great to see you again Larry, and nice to meet Barb. Sandy and I enjoyed the evening. smile.gif smile.gif
spare time toys
Just a side note for the uninformed. The transfer took place in a classified underground location. (Blocks teleconectic waves) All those straps were not to hold the box or tarp. That is what it takes to contain the heart of an ALIEN huh.gif You see the blue color has a calming effect but also blocks the thought waves. Im sorry but there must have been a small hole in the protective cover and it chaneled the weather paterns to try to slow you down untill it could get help. alien.gif assimilate.gif alien_2.gif alien_2.gif very_first_smiley[1].gif

This stuff is real you know wink.gif
Thorshammer

Vegas,

My old Stomping grounds too!

from the looks of the pics, you guys met at Crown Center ???, Looks like the underground parking to me, but I could be wrong.

As for Rosedale, good call, but "Hi may I hep you?" is my place. I am sure you know what I'm talking about.

I don't like Rosedale, because the ribs are usaully burned or Burnt.

Back in the day, when the Plaza was the happenin place to go, me and my 914 used to run down 5.0 Mustangs and IROC Z's. Those boys never knew what hit em.

Erik Madsen
bd1308
I saw the mothership in person....

WOW! that's all I have to say....

b
spare time toys
QUOTE (Thorshammer @ Mar 12 2006, 10:42 PM)
from the looks of the pics, you guys met at Crown Center ???, Looks like the underground parking to me, but I could be wrong.

ohmy.gif Man you are good beerchug.gif But what level lol2.gif Westen Crown Center to be exact. We ended up eating at the Herford House just up the street at 20th and Main drooley.gif MMMM prime rib.
VegasRacer
I am glad the exchange went smoothly.
Sorry about the dead-end lead to the BBQ joint.
spare time toys
No problem. If you get back that way try that Herford House place wink.gif Place was packed, parking was tight Food was good. Company was great clap56.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.