Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RH Outisde Mirror
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ClayPerrine
I just got back from Zim's here in Bedford. I checked on a RH outside mirror to see if they were still available. Apparently Porsche lists 7 in the North American warehouse, and somewhere around 700 in the German warehouse. This is a factory RH mirror with convex glass.

I ordered one for my car. Unfortunately the gasket that goes under the mirror is NLA, so I get to make one (anyone have a spare?).

Price was under a C-note, so if you have a few spare bucks, I suggest ordering one. Why pay 150.00 off evilbay for a dented up, crappy looking one when you can get a brand new one for less?

FYI... you can call Bob in parts at Zims. He is the one who looked it up for me. Ph. 817-267-4451.

Root_Werks
Wow, that is cool! I figured they would all have been long gone by now. Thanks for the info.
newto914s
I thought it was fairly simple to flip a Driver side mirror to work on the passenger side
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (newto914s @ Mar 10 2006, 11:57 AM)
I thought it was fairly simple to flip a Driver side mirror to work on the passenger side

OEM rt side had convex glass....
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (newto914s @ Mar 10 2006, 12:57 PM)

It is. But the factory RH mirror is convex, and the factory LH mirror is not.

Aaron Cox
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Mar 10 2006, 11:58 AM)
QUOTE (newto914s @ Mar 10 2006, 12:57 PM)

It is. But the factory RH mirror is convex, and the factory LH mirror is not.

look up pokey..... ^
ClayPerrine
pissoff.gif

I said the same thing in the original post. You just type faster that I do.
newto914s
Guys no need to fight gayfight.gif
I get it, convex glass, convex....sweet, nice convex

Hot! convex glass laugh.gif
Tobra
All you got to do is get the convex glass from Martin and all is good. What I did, not mounted yet
Bartlett 914
Could you replace the convex glass and use it as a new driverside mirror?
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (Bartlett 914 @ Mar 10 2006, 02:11 PM)
Could you replace the convex glass and use it as a new driverside mirror?

Why.... they have plenty of NOS left hand mirrors too.

Bartlett 914
I should have asked first. I assumed they were a NLA huh.gif
913B
The LH mirror goes for $179. So it would be wise to flip and change the mirror for the driver's side. Stupid question, but could you just use the convex on the driver's side also ??
GWN7
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Mar 10 2006, 10:38 AM)

I ordered one for my car. Unfortunately the gasket that goes under the mirror is NLA, so I get to make one (anyone have a spare?).

FYI... you can call Bob in parts at Zims. He is the one who looked it up for me. Ph. 817-267-4451.

They are listed as $5.50 part number 914-731-116-10-M260 (Pelican)

If they really are NLA I can prob have replacements made in a couple weeks........
913B
Thanks for the tip Clay, ordered me a set

Ted
Tobra
QUOTE (porsche913b_sp @ Mar 10 2006, 12:44 PM)
The LH mirror goes for $179. So it would be wise to flip and change the mirror for the driver's side. Stupid question, but could you just use the convex on the driver's side also ??

Martin has the convex mrrors on both sides, said he likes the WIDE field of view it gives him out the back
iamchappy
I just ran up to the Porsche dealership and purchased a pair at 97.00 each.
Thanks for the tip.. biggrin.gif
anderssj
Do you have the PN for the rt-side/convex mirror?

Thanks in advance,

Steve A-
iamchappy
This is what is listed on my PO: P914-731-040-10
Tobra
$111.96 at dealer in Rocklin, said they had to order it from Germany, but he sounded like sort of a dope though
db9146
Who is Martin? I looked in the classifieds for the convex glass and didn't find it. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
atsealevel914
QUOTE (db9146 @ Mar 15 2006, 06:56 PM)
Who is Martin? I looked in the classifieds for the convex glass and didn't find it. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

martin i think is in the resources and parts forum if you search convex he'll pop up.
Tobra
There you go

outside mirror thread
Midtowner
Stevens Creek Porsche in San Jose reports today 781 passenger side mirrors in Germany, 5 at one dealership in the US. Quoted as $114 each. There are approx. 1,000 driver side mirrors in Germany but I got quoted $221! What gives? You would think the pass. side would be more expensive. wacko.gif
mcbain77
Ummm . . . what else is still available from the warehouse?
Phoenix-MN
I went to the local dealer yesterday and at first the parts guy couldn't find the part anywhere in the system huh.gif and said it was not available. I mentioned that another person had ordered the same part just a week earlier and he found that order and was surprised that he was able to place an order for a part that showed "no stock". He wrote up and placed an order and I guess we'll see if it comes through. idea.gif
mcbain77
Is it worth checking if body seals and some of the other soft parts are available?
ConeDodger
QUOTE (Tobra @ Mar 15 2006, 05:10 PM)
$111.96 at dealer in Rocklin, said they had to order it from Germany, but he sounded like sort of a dope though

Toby,
If you order them with a PCA discount they are $95.16 + tax. Another reason for you to join PCA... Just that discount alone almost half pays for your membership...
914Sixer
I find the prices paid for the convex side mirrors amazing. Since I saw this I decided to order one for myself. I called up my Porsche dealer that I get my parts from and my price was $67.12. I asked what my price for the drivers side was and it was $134.18. VERY INTERESTING!!

Joe Bob
Convex on both sides, big WINK rear view, those tinted goggles that cover 1/2 yer face & yer bifocals and then you qualify for a handicapped plate..... cool_shades.gif
iamchappy
I picked up my mirrors today from the dealer and had to have them order in another pair.
The chrome plating on the base was already bubbled and lifting on both. sad.gif
Phoenix-MN
" I picked up my mirrors today from the dealer and had to have them order in another pair.
The chrome plating on the base was already bubbled and lifting on both"

I wonder if I'll get a call from the dealer now and say that my mirrors are in idea.gif

Paul

iamchappy
Paul we still need to hook up, I have been busy sanding and grinding on the body and purchasing new trim, mirrors and refinishing my Fuchs. All my engine parts are gathered and now I just have to wait for Johnson Auto sport to build it.

I still need the windows, maybe we can get together this week.
iamchappy
progress
Gustl
nice!

I really like teledialers on a wide body car clap56.gif
Phoenix-MN
David,
Wow, your car is a lot different shocked[1].gif than the last time I saw it, I may even catch up to you and get mine on the road. I'll be around the home so just drop me a line and we can hook up.

Paul
iamchappy
I like the teletubbies too, but they are giving way to a set of Fuchs I am working on, I dont have the heart to sell them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.