Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Braided Hoses
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
leedo_lanes
Hey Guys...where do you buy the braided hoses to replace the worn out ones that are all over the place on the 914 1.8 engine? I tried a local auto parts place and all they had was rubber. Does it matter??

Thanks
Leedo
Mueller
Find a shop that specializes in VW Bugs (aircooled)...after that, mail order (Pelican Parts, GRP)
lotus_65
I just ordered a bunch of this "Techflex" in red and yellow for my new motor.
I'll just dress the rubber up, add a little color matching heatshrink on the ends...

put a little color in yer life! (they have chrome too).

good times~
Mueller
QUOTE (lotus_65 @ Mar 10 2006, 01:42 PM)
I'll just dress the rubber up, add a little color matching heatshrink on the ends...

good times~

not even close to what he is asking about...that's "rice" covering you got biggrin.gif

hmmmm, that green looks like a good match to my car blink.gif
Rand
...alll they had was rubber. Does it matter??

No.
lotus_65
QUOTE (Mueller @ Mar 10 2006, 03:54 PM)
QUOTE (lotus_65 @ Mar 10 2006, 01:42 PM)

good times~

not even close to what he is asking about...that's "rice" covering you got biggrin.gif

hmmmm, that green looks like a good match to my car blink.gif

yea, i knew it wasn't what he wanted. aren't honda's really reliable? mebbe it'll rub off on my car!
biggrin.gif
leedo_lanes
So when I open my engine lid and look at all the braided hoses that need to be replaced (Some corroded...some not yet)....you guys say get it from Pelican? That is a lot of hose! Someone's gotta have some alternatives?! (BY the way...the car currently runs...sometimes...)

Thanks,
Leedo
Air_Cooled_Nut
Do it right or don't bother. It's not that much hose. I bought my various lengths from the VW FLAPS
Go here:
http://www.icbm.org/erkson/personal/Porsch...nuals/index.htm
Look under the FUEL INJECTION section. There are hose diagrams and they contain the layout, diameter and lengths.
Tobra
QUOTE (Rand @ Mar 10 2006, 01:27 PM)

No.

It sort of does matter, you need fuel injection hose, shich is more high pressure than regular fuel hose. Does not matter if it is braided cloth, but it must be high pressure hose.
Rand
QUOTE (Tobra @ Mar 12 2006, 04:08 PM)
QUOTE (Rand @ Mar 10 2006, 01:27 PM)

No.

It sort of does matter, you need fuel injection hose, shich is more high pressure than regular fuel hose. Does not matter if it is braided cloth, but it must be high pressure hose.

If you're talking fuel line, then yes it does absolutely matter!! FI is high pressure. But when he was talking about the braided stuff "all over the place," I assumed vacuum hoses... which don't have to be braided... unless you care about it looking like the factory hose. But regular rubber works fine.
leedo_lanes
Wow...thanks Rand for that web address...now that is helpful! Thanks guys!
r_towle
Northern Foreign Autoparts, Nashua, Exit 6/7

They have all of it in stock, its all metric.

Rich
Tobra
QUOTE (Air_Cooled_Nut @ Mar 12 2006, 10:38 AM)
Do it right or don't bother.  It's not that much hose.  I bought my various lengths from the VW FLAPS
Go here:
http://www.icbm.org/erkson/personal/Porsch...nuals/index.htm
Look under the FUEL INJECTION section.  There are hose diagrams and they contain the layout, diameter and lengths.

That is the ultimate web site, thank you smilie_pokal.gif

I'll say it again, nice squareback, very cool
Eric_Shea
www.cip1.com
reddog
QUOTE (lotus_65 @ Mar 10 2006, 12:42 PM)

good times~

smilie_pokal.gif gotta love it beer.gif
turboman808
I did the ghetto hose covering to a car when I was 19 or 20. I got tired of it after about 2 weeks.

I admit I have bastardized a few cars in my days.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.