Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Registered for the Parade AX
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
Hope I don't finish last. It's kind of like playing Peeble Beach. You have do it once just to say you did cause you only live once. My new mantra is "Don't Lift"

Dave
J P Stein
QUOTE (DNHunt @ Mar 10 2006, 04:33 PM)
Hope I don't finish last. It's kind of like playing Peeble Beach. You have do it once just to say you did cause you only live once. My new mantra is "Don't Lift"

Dave

Bring lotso balls to both places laugh.gif
john rogers
If you win the parade auto-x it is something like being the national champ I would guess?! When we went to Sacramento in 2000 I ended in the middle of the hot modified group that included RSR's and all sorts of exotic cars, but our daughter won the ladies 914 2L group by a whopping 12.7 seconds over second place. Got a pretty nice plate for the win.....
DNHunt
Like this JP
drgchapman
I got through the registration too! biggrin.gif

Also registered for the ORPCA a/x the following Friday, or is it Saturday?

Dave, I can't wait to see the Raby motor in action. I almost went that way with mine.....JP wouldn't let me........

Let's go tear it up!
Eddie914
I might have to enter my first autocross! Do they have a novice group at The Parade?

I've done lots of track days ... but never an autocross.

I better have the teener running by then. Jeff delivered the 3.2 last week. He did a fabulous job! It looks awesome.

I didn't have any time to work on the 914 last week. I spent the whole time doing a clutch job and transmission replacement on the daily driver BMW.

I got the last of the 3.2/901 clutch conversion parts from Kennedy last night. The headers are at Performance Coatings. Heat insulator kit is ordered from PMO. The engine bay has been cleaned and repainted.

If I could only find the distributor ... too many bins of spare parts!

See you there!

Eddie

GeorgeRud
It seems a modified 914-6 takes TTOD at the Parade AutoX every year. Usually it's been Tom Provasi, though someone beat him last year. Hopefully some of you can give the old guard a good run, it's too far to get from Chicago this year.

It's kind of fun seeing the PCA's National event still being dominated by a 35 year old design. If only the factory saw the error of their ways (maybe the new Cayman is their way of making up for it).
J P Stein
There's a reason a guy like Provasi wins at Parade.
You gotta go out fast. The first 3 runs count.....anymore are just window dressing. This is where the driver is most important.....and it's damned hard to pull this off.
Unfortunately, my quickest run is usually my 4th....but I'm working on it. biggrin.gif
john rogers
Most of the top parade auto crossers are also serious SCCA Solo or Pro Solo drivers too.
Bleyseng
I wonder if the Fordahl's are bringing the White 914/6 car. They have been working on it for quite awhile now.

A DaveHunt, if thats a Xray of you, now I know why you have to pee all the time!
DNHunt
Yep Geoff, that's me. It's a terrible burden to have to carry around.
J P Stein
Leeds Gulick is going to be the CMFIC of timing for the Parade AX.
I doubt he will come un-armed. ar15.gif
Dunno if Mr. & Ms. Fordahl will come to cause more pain to my ass.. alfred.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.