Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: looking
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
toon1
I did do a search, coulnd't find the answer.

I am looking at some eagle racing wheels ( not the fuch replica's). They have a 20mm offset, 195/60/15 on 5.5w wheels, stock fenders.

Will they fit?
toon1
icon_bump.gif
Joe Ricard
Well, to me Offset means absolutley nothing to me. Specially in a narrowwheel like a 5 1/2" rim

What you don't want is interferance with the inner fender well. My mind is set for inches. 20mm is shy of an inch which means there is alot of back space. with a narrow tire 5" backspace is still tight. Fuchs are 4 1/2" by the way which leaves plenty of outside fender room with a 195/60-15
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Mar 11 2006, 08:14 AM)
Well, to me Offset means absolutley nothing to me. Specially in a narrowwheel like a 5 1/2" rim

What you don't want is interferance with the inner fender well. My mind is set for inches. 20mm is shy of an inch which means there is alot of back space. with a narrow tire 5" backspace is still tight. Fuchs are 4 1/2" by the way which leaves plenty of outside fender room with a 195/60-15

A ) backspacing is more easily applicable and understandable than offset.
B ) fuchs are 5.5" in 4 lug
C ) the magic number in backspacing is 110-120 mm (joe - insert rough standard inch measure here 4.75' or so i think)
Gary
Lessee...

5.5 / 2 = 2.75 inches

2.75 inches X 25.4 mm/inch = 69.9 mm

So centerline of wheel is 69.9 mm from the backside of the rim.

Add 20mm of offset and you get backspace of 89.9

Stock 5 1/2" rims have an ET of 34mm, 6" Fuchs - 40mm

Your wheels would be 14mm or 0.55" closer to the fender.
Mueller
actually, that math does not account for the thickness of the rim lip for the backspacing....you need to add 3/8" to 1/2" for the backspacing since the measurement is from the edge of the rim...

I thought the 5.5" Fuchs has a 42mm offset????

If so, those American Racing rims would be 22mm closer to outside fender lip and would limit you on the tire width allowed unless you stretch the fenders somewhat...
toon1
Knowing all that, they definetly won't work. That is a bummerthe wheels where cheap, $83.00?ea. thank's guy's
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.