Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 75 1.8 Spotted in Payson, UT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ORANGE2
The exterior was recently painted white. It has some cancer above the left rear tail light and the interior needs some work but it is pretty clean. there doesn't seem to have rust in the usual places. The guy said he picked up in California. He's asking $3,000.
sk8kat1
I thought all 75-76 were 2.0L and 74 was the last year of the 1.8L... I could be wrong though... wink.gif
bd1308
74 and 75 there were 1.8L options....

then they took the remaining 2.0L engines and put them in the 912E in 76. Hey, it makes sense.

b
ORANGE2
That is what I thought also. But the guy that owned it said it was a 1.8.
Can you tell by looking at it if it is a 1.8 or a 2.0. Does it have it listed in the vin anywhere or is it just list if it was a 4 or 6 cylinder. I took a picture of the vin tag with my phone so I could do some research.
Eric_Shea
Welcome neighbor wink.gif

I know if one here in Sandy that may be for sale. Nice looking white with a negative stripe. I don't think it's listed yet.

welcome.png
bd1308
well from the factory, the 6s stopped in 72 i believe...

1.8's will have a square air box off to the driver side of the engine bay, and will have a silverish sensor with a black top on it connected to that airbox.

2.0s will have a HUGE airbox at the center of the engine, right on top of the engine itself...it will also have a small grenade looking sensor off to the passenger side near the battery

1.8s have 4 intake studs for the runner to head connection, and 2.0s will have 3.

b
ORANGE2
I thought the car was a 2.0 when I looked at it. It has a 2.0 air box, I just couldn't remeber what a 1.8 engine bay looked like.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.