Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - Need new Photo Editing Software
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jeffs9146
I got a new monster computer mueba.gif (3.0ghz 200gb hd 1g ram) and I need new photo editing software, what type would you all recommend?

Jeff
seanery
photoshop-that's all you'll need

I'm sure you can find a "tryout" version on kazaa
redshift
I like Paint Shop Pro. It's more intuitive for a Windows based user, Photoshop has alot of Macintosh traits..

M
Jeffs9146
What is a good price for Paint Shop Pro? I have seen it for 54.99 up to 79.99. Does it have all of the photo manipulation stuff I used to get from Adobe PhotoDeluxe?

Jeff
redshift
I have never tried Photo Deluxe..

I have the version I bought long ago.. 5.. confused24.gif.. I am pretty sure the new versions have a bunch of features I'd never know about. I paid $50 something for this version.

Get the demo version from http://www.jasc.com/

M
Mike Pearson
Go to Adobe's web site and take a look at "Photoshop Elements". It's a low-cost (something like $99) alternative that, for the casual user, does everything you need from a photo-editing package. They may even still have a free trial download.

Nice little package.
airsix
If you want something easy to use get Paintshop Pro as suggested. If you want something totally free that has near-photoshop ability but with a little steeper learing curve download The GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program). Go to http://www.gimp.org and click the "gimp for windows" link on the download page (gimp is primarily used on Unix/Linux, but the Windows version works too). It's fully scriptable, supports plugins, etc. At zero cost it's definitely worth having (several movie studios use it and it's counterpart 'filmgimp').
-Ben M.
Jeffs9146
Go to Adobe's web site and take a look at "Photoshop Elements

Isn't Elements a stripped version of PhotoDeluxe? I had that on my Sony Vaio and it sucked! That's why I am asking all of the gods on this board for advice before I purchase another looser program! I liked the Adobe features but they are not available on the cheeper versions anymore!

Jeff
SirAndy
photoshop all the way.
don't cheap out on those 72dpi web-pictures!!! laugh.gif

no seriously, i've been with photoshop since version 1.0, there is nothing even close.
but then again, i'm a geek ...

Andy
Eric Taylor
I agree with photoshop all the way! If you don't feel like forking out the dough, Photoshop Element is a great alternative for $100. It is in no way related to photo deluxe as far as I know. It's simply a scalled down version of photoshop.
Eric
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.