longs are gone

runs on starting fluid - says need fuel pump

nice Fuchs

2.0L

Stock - decent interior

Mid-west car

what do I offer - he was asking $2600 chairfall.gif
Seagrave
You can still find a car that runs on GASOLINE, with a fuel pump and not ready to break in half for that price. That's way too much for a parts car and, unless you are skilled at resortation (and with a good shop and tools), you are asking for a car that won't be worth what you put into it when done. Keep looking and keep your wallet in your pocket. My two cents.
Allan
Basically you'll be paying for interior and motor parts.

$300.00 and call it good.
Aaron Cox
fuchs 4-500
2l core - up to 650
running 2l - 1000 ish

id offer 300... but we are in the land of 914's cheap smile.gif

(ok ok... 800)
newto914s
QUOTE (Seagrave @ Mar 11 2006, 05:39 PM)
you are asking for a car that won't be worth what you put into it when done.

Isn't that what we all sign up for when be buy a 914 laugh.gif

Seriously though, I wouldn't pay more than $500 for a parts car, $1000 for a 2.0 liter that could be a project. Unfortunaly, a lot of mid-west owners think their rust buckets are worth more than they are.
First 914 I sam in person was a non-running 1.7 with no engine lid sitting outside in winter screwy.gif and the guy wanted $2500 for it
vesnyder
I bought one in similar condition for $750 and was able to part out for ~$2k - that is on top of ~$750 of parts I was able to use and a gor a spare 1.8l in unknown condition. It was a lot of work but there's a market for a lot of the parts. Good luck!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.