Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 12 pin connector, terminal 11
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
type47
i have a d-jet ignition harness i'm cleaning up and it has a 2 foot wire with a spade connector coming out of pin 11 of the 12 pin connector. i'm just curious what the PO did that for. fuel pump connector? hot wired something. harness history is unknown. someone put in a connector for a choke on the Webers? laugh.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (type47 @ Mar 11 2006, 06:44 PM)
it has a 2 foot wire with a spade connector coming out of pin 11 of the 12 pin connector.

12 pin ??? you mean the one on the relay board?

if so, we need to know the year of the car? 73? 74?

on an early car, that's a green wire that goes to the heater blower motor.
a early D-Jet harness has that wire in the engine harness, later cars have the green wire in the main harness and a jumper at the connector (from 11 to 10).

most certainly used by the PO as a switched 12V source for "something".
btw. switched by the little red lever next to the shifter ...

smash.gif Andy

btw. it took me all of 1 minute to get this from the haynes manual, page 147, 154, 161 ...
RTFM biggrin.gif
John
Pin 11 on the engine harness (12 pin connector) should be green and it should go to the engine mounted heater blower motor.

The pin 11 on the relay board should connect to the switched contacts of the heater blower relay.
type47
this ignition harness is for 73-74 as it does not have the connection for the fan at the end of the harness. this wire is something modified by a PO (swap meet harness) so the wire is NOT in the Haynes dry.gif and is not stock/factory and does not run the heater fan, it is a tap off of the pin 11 to power ..... something. i was just thinking that someone might remember modding a harness for carbs or a connection for key on fuel pump for example and telling what this is for. i'm going to return the harness to as stock a condition as i can and reconnect the jumper wire between pins 11 and 12.
SirAndy
QUOTE (type47 @ Mar 12 2006, 05:28 PM)
so the wire is NOT in the Haynes finger.gif

dude ...
i'm trying to help and you flip me off ??? flipa.gif

i *knew* your damm stupid wire wasn't "factory" as i can *read* (remember, you said that in your first post) ...
i was merely trying to point out what pin11 is *normally* used for ...

now take that middlefinger of yours and put it to good use ...
dry.gif Andy
type47
i am sorry that i used that but that was in response as i did RTFM.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.