Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alternator light stays lit....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
montoya 73 2.0
Already replaced the regulator and put new belt on. Could it be the brushes? If so, Is it possible to find replacements or could it be something else? confused24.gif I was told by a local mechanic that it may not be worth fixing it, that I should just replace the alternator.

As the RPM's get higher, the light get's brighter.
bd1308
fuse #7 (from left)

if that goes out, nothin works right.

check your connection at the starter, mine came loose and screwed up everything, blew out my radio.

etc etc. check wiring. could be brushes too.

b
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Mar 11 2006, 06:57 PM)
fuse #7 (from left)

if that goes out, nothin works right.

check your connection at the starter, mine came loose and screwed up everything, blew out my radio.

etc etc. check wiring. could be brushes too.

b

I checked the connections and fuses first. I thought I'd start cheap first and then work my way to expensive. Do you know where I can find brushes? I called a local foreign auto place, and they said they can't locate any. But the bastards can sell me a new alternator!
914-8
if your alternator is bad, look in your yellow pages under Alternators.

There are tons of places that can rebuild your alternator for relatively cheap. $75-$100.
bd1308
NAPA/Beck Arnley rebuilds them

CarQuest does too, my CQ dizzy works fine.

someone even does brushes, but i dont remember who...B-A maybe?

b
montoya 73 2.0
I'll check on monday about having it rebuilt. Is there anything that I should be aware of if having it rebuilt?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.