Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
proto31
What would be the best set of Fuchs to get for a 914-6, I'd like to stay away from the 14's and get a set of 15 inch. I guess my real question is what width 6 or 7 inch would work the best? Does anyone have a nice set? Is a 205 the widest tire I could fit without rolling the fender lip? sad.gif

Thanks
olav

The widest I can put on my car is 205 and I have rolled lips in the rear.
michel richard
15 x 6 or 16 x 6 will fit well. More tire choices with the 16 inch wheel. 195 width fit nicely, 205 will depend on the individual car.
HTH
Eric_Shea
15x6

I had a problem with the 205x60x15's on the back of a stock bodied -6.
Joe Bob
16x6s are cheap and have a larger variety of tire choices. A 205/50 fits fine.
race914
Funny how the 205-50x15s keep getting bigger confused24.gif

The old BFG Comp T/As 205s fit stock fenders with no problem,

Then the Hoosier R3S03s came out and were wider even though they were 205s.... huh.gif

Now I'm running AVON Tech R-A 205s which are even wider and I had to roll the front fenders.... WTF.gif

So basically I'm trying to say that over time, not all 205s are equal.
I'm sure it has to do with the 'big bang' and the fact the universe is contantly expanding. I need to check my engine, it may have a few extra CCs than it came with!

Or maybe it's just the constant competition between the tire vendors to one-up eachother..... wink.gif
Porsche Rescue
How about 16's with 195x55's? (not Fuchs)
race914
QUOTE (Porsche Rescue @ Mar 12 2006, 10:17 AM)
How about 16's with 195x55's? (not Fuchs)

That looks awesome!
davep
I guess the other question is, do you want to be period correct with your early six? If so, then the early, deep, 15x6 would be most correct perhaps. Or the 15x5.5 gas-burners. But most of these are not tubeless rims. Tubeless rims have 15Jx width coding marked on the rim. I imagine a lot of people use tube-type rims without tubes but there is always a chance the bead will slip.
michel richard
Adding a tube should not be a big problem at all.
914rrr
I love the 5 lug Mahle gas burners, but good luck finding a set for less than 1 to 2 THOUSAND bucks! They only made like 3000 of those wheels, total! Highly prized by Vdubbers, especially in Europe. Had a chance to buy a set a couple of years ago for $400. headbang.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (michel richard @ Mar 12 2006, 03:04 PM)
Adding a tube should not be a big problem at all.

joe sharp has bad luck with tubes on his deep sixes...

15 or 16x6 is a safe bet with 195 (guaranteed) or 205's (most likely they will fit)

if you want 7's and 205's you will have to stretch your fender about 1" (over a long panel, it is really subtle)
7's and 225's just a tad more....
i vote 15 x7's for the cool deeper wheel look.

7's and 205's fit fine up front... rear is the limiting factor
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.