Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: where's reverse
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
obscurity
When I parked this car ten years ago reverse worked just fine. Now I've got nothing. Refresh my memory...reverse is all the way to the left and forward on the stick right (no pushing down on the stick like a beetle, right?) I seem to remember constantly hitting reverse when trying to shift to second. Is there an adjustment I can check?
Andyrew
left up.

Gota move it past a spring....

Cant find it? Go left down, then left up a couple of times till it slides in gear..

No pushing down.. no
BMartin914
QUOTE (Andyrew @ Mar 12 2006, 04:08 PM)
left up.

Gota move it past a spring....

Cant find it? Go left down, then left up a couple of times till it slides in gear..

No pushing down.. no

Doesn't get much simpler than that.

1st to 2nd is the most troublesome for the newbie with the 901.
Rrrockhound
QUOTE (BMartin914 @ Mar 12 2006, 09:11 PM)

Ah memories...

My 1980 Datsun 310 had a shift pattern identical to the 901. To keep you from engaging reverse when you wanted 1st, a beeper sounded when reverse was engaged, kind of an inside backup alarm.

It even had kind of a "targa" bar (actually a plastic trim piece that went over the roof and down the roof pillars.)
Hammy
QUOTE (BMartin914 @ Mar 12 2006, 06:11 PM)

Werd. cool.gif Had a mechanic guy who kept putting it in 3rd instead of 1st ph34r.gif painful to watch.
jd74914
QUOTE (Rrrockhound @ Mar 12 2006, 09:50 PM)
QUOTE (BMartin914 @ Mar 12 2006, 09:11 PM)

Ah memories...

My 1980 Datsun 310 had a shift pattern identical to the 901. To keep you from engaging reverse when you wanted 1st, a beeper sounded when reverse was engaged, kind of an inside backup alarm.

It even had kind of a "targa" bar (actually a plastic trim piece that went over the roof and down the roof pillars.)

my grandma had one of those. then my grandpa killed it and I stripped it and sold it laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.