Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil Pressure Gauge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
billd
I'm uncomfortable with just an idiot light and am planning to install an oil pressure gauge in place of my clock. I had two questions.

1. 80 vs 150PSI? I assume I want an 80PSI (5 bar) gauge (VDO-350040), right? I can't imagine needing a 150PSI gauge.

2. Will the sender go in the idiot light switch hole? I assume a M10x1 mount pressure sender with switch ( VDO-360006) will fit into the hole of the original switch. Right? Can I just screw the pressure sender into the same hole? or are are there interference issues? I know some people have used a hose to relocate the sender, but I'd rather not have an oil hose if I can help it.

Summit Racing seems to have these parts at a good price.

----Bill
billd
Bump. Can someone confirm that the pressure sender will fit directly into the hole that the pressure switch comes out of.
Aaron Cox
yes. the sender will fit into the hole.

it is bigger than the sender it replaces, and thus you need to A ) hack up your tin or B ) buy a braided extension hose and mount it remotely.....

you can see the remote dual sender here..
user posted image

and i believe it is 1/8 NPT thread.... (tapered)
Bill Shaw
As I recall, either GPR or Pelican has the hose and bracket to mount the sender on the outside of the tin. I think it was cataloged as a "remote oil pressure sender mount". When I get home tonight I'll check to see if I have my receipt.
billd
Thanks guys, this is very helpful.

Is this right? Its hard to believe that a German engine has english threads. I thought it was M10x1.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (billd @ Mar 13 2006, 05:02 PM)
Thanks guys, this is very helpful.

Is this right? Its hard to believe that a German engine has english threads. I thought it was M10x1.

its definitely tapered....

speculate all you want smile.gif
SLITS
If you buy the right guage with the right sender, it has poles on the sender for both the idiot light and the pressure guage.

Check PP or your favorite catalog....
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (SLITS @ Mar 13 2006, 06:00 PM)
If you buy the right guage with the right sender, it has poles on the sender for both the idiot light and the pressure guage.

Check PP or your favorite catalog....

as shown above in my picture....

it is too big for stock location, thus the hose.....

and it is 1/8 npt
vesnyder
The hole you refer to - is it adjacent to the distributor toward the rear of the car?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (vesnyder @ Mar 13 2006, 07:10 PM)
The hole you refer to - is it adjacent to the distributor toward the rear of the car?

yes, the hole in the tin is not large enough to support the wider dual senders...

you can hack your tin, or you can buy the extension hose as shown
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.