Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Introducing the 914 X
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cbenitah
(first off, if I offended the owner(s) of the photograph's I use I do really appologize. I needed them for reference only, and this will not be mass produced or made a profit on. School use only)

ok here we go..

My school project this quarter was to design a new product for an existing company. I chose Porsche, and a re birth for our beloved car the 914. The car as is = no news for the past 30 years. Then we have this board which makes "new" cars all the time. New ideas, different approaches etc. My idea is not a new or original idea from my own side. I leave that to you guys out there. But since my car is going through this change me as well would like to be able to put an emblem on the back of my car when its done. Some has the 914-4, 914-6, 914-8, why can't the WRX have its own symbol in the back?! Well, I made one I think is suiteble for the nature of the car. Its a 30 year old car but an (almost) brand new engine. I went with the modern 911 script with some modifications to it. took me a while to get it as I wanted it. And here ya go! ( I will make an actual one for my car when its time for that, think neo had a place?!)

My view of how the 914 - X would be presented:
URY914
Very cool.

But don't let the lawyers from Porsche see it. They have really clamped down on people using the logos and name in the last few years. But your not trying to make money from it so you should be OK.
cbenitah
QUOTE (URY914 @ Mar 13 2006, 05:05 AM)
Very cool.

But don't let the lawyers from Porsche see it. They have really clamped down on people using the logos and name in the last few years. But your not trying to make money from it so you should be OK.

well, I'm hoping using it here on this site won't get me in trouble. Since I do give credit to Porsche in my design breaif etc, I'm set on that part. I'm using their Logo and since its for school its ok.

Wow, its 5.05 am and I am presenting this at 8 am.. I need some sleep before that!

hope more people will like it. And i will make a real one for my car, try to stop me papa Porsche lol2.gif
URY914
I wouldn't worry at all really. I'm sure students use thier name all the time in things like this.

Sleep? Red Bull and a Mountain Dew will get ya there on time. biggrin.gif

Good Luck.

P
Speedster07
Very cool smilie_pokal.gif

you might want to blur out the license plates headbang.gif
marks914
Very cool!
I wouldn't worry about using the Porsche name. When I was in Design school we would do all sorts of cannabalisim to all sorts of "future" cars.

Mark

Nice job!
Allan
Nice!!!

Got an MSRP and delivery date?
cbenitah
QUOTE (Speedster07 @ Mar 13 2006, 01:37 PM)
Very cool smilie_pokal.gif

you might want to blur out the license plates headbang.gif

actually I did. but when I posted this it was 5 am and I had been up since 8am working on it. they are gone now and has the logo incoroporated into them instead of the original licens...

Sorry I didnt use the images I got from you, they ended up being to small. but thanks for them!

care to explain for a swede like myself.....
Allan
QUOTE (cbenitah @ Mar 13 2006, 03:11 PM)

care to explain for a swede like myself.....

How much and when can I buy one? wink.gif
Jeroen
excellent design job!
let us know how your presentation went
cbenitah
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Mar 13 2006, 03:50 PM)
excellent design job!
let us know how your presentation went

It went great, the professor told me.. you own a porsche? wow, i didnt know that smilie_pokal.gif

well he like the design and said it gave him the feeling he expected to feel when owning a porsche. So I guess the A+ reflects that he liked it cool_shades.gif

If you want to buy the car wacko.gif it will be out in a store near you next year. As for the emblem, I will most likely put a WRX (subary) engine in it, and will do as NEO did.. actually get my own emblem.. (any other suby guys want to use one?)
914-8
there are exceptions to copyright infringement (called "fair use") when the use is for, among other things, educational purposes.

Of course, that's a gross oversimplification of the law, but what do you expect for one sentence!
cbenitah
QUOTE (914-8 @ Mar 13 2006, 04:24 PM)
there are exceptions to copyright infringement (called "fair use") when the use is for, among other things, educational purposes.

Of course, that's a gross oversimplification of the law, but what do you expect for one sentence!

well, what part are you implying the copyright has been violated?

914-8
Oh, I didn't realize that you obtained porsche's permission to use their copyrighted material (their crest, for example) on your project that you published and have disseminated.

my bad.
cbenitah
QUOTE (914-8 @ Mar 13 2006, 04:32 PM)
Oh, I didn't realize that you obtained porsche's permission to use their copyrighted material (their crest, for example) on your project that you published and have disseminated.

my bad.

haha, thats what i thought..

well, as you said, for school use i am allowed. since we were simulating that porsche DID give me this job and said, Cris, we are launching the 914 X next year, make it look good.. if you know what i mean.. copyright is only if you were to use it else where (like this website) owned.gif but i wanted to show you guys, cause it MAY be someone out there doing a suby conversion and would like a rear emblem like you other V8, /6, /4 guys..

dont get me wrong, i can only use this as a portfolio piece (if i decide to) since it needs to be put into context. otherwise we would have thousands of weird companys and its not easy to determain if the design fits with the company etc...

(so what did that german guy say on my answering machine, ich bin *&^%$# PORSCHE.. sweet, i got a job?!) av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.