Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Nissan Maxmia starter motor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rocket
hey,

my friend has a 1996 Nissan Maxima, and he fried his starter motor yesterday. i was wondering if you guys know a place to find a cheap replacment, cause he dosnt have the funding to buy the $400 one from the store.

thanks
-rocket
bd1308
My buddy has a wrecked maxima, i think a year or two older than that....you want the starter from it?

b
Rocket
that would work in a '96 wouldnt it? i dont think know if they changed it when they changed the years....

dont really know anything about the new cars. and still learning about the old ones, so if i have some stupid questions, sorry. still learning

but i have the coolest car in the parking lot at my school biggrin.gif

-rocket
bd1308
Dunno. This one was like a 92 or something.

My friend, doing something completly insane, basically bent his frame doign some kind of stunt in a parking lot. 3k dollar damage....o0h well.

b
r_towle
Chelmsfor Auto Electric in Tyngsboro, 113-bridge, take right before going over bridge, stay left at ice cream place...next building on left...they rebuild them and have them in stock.

Also, call Foreign Autopsrts in either nashua, or Lowell, it could be called International Autoparts now.

R
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (Rocket @ Mar 13 2006, 07:04 AM)
hey,

my friend has a 1996 Nissan Maxima, and he fried his starter motor yesterday. i was wondering if you guys know a place to find a cheap replacment, cause he dosnt have the funding to buy the $400 one from the store.

thanks
-rocket

$400? Dealer list is $246.57. Most common problem? There's a set of contacts in the solenoid that go bad, and they sell for under 5 bucks, and sometimes you can replace 'em in the car. The earlier starter is different. The Cap'n
Allan
Kragen shows OEM units for under $200.00 and rebuilds for under $150.00.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (Headrage @ Mar 13 2006, 11:52 AM)
Kragen shows OEM units for under $200.00 and rebuilds for under $150.00.

Why would ANYONE even WANT to buy ANYTHING from Kragen? The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.