Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: steering wheel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
toon1
can anyone tell me the diameter of a stock 914 steering wheel?
914helo
Stock wheel I believe is 15" outside diameter.
toon1
thanks, I didn't think I was going to get a reply. I am getting a momo wheel today and I think I am going to have clearance problems. I have aftermarket seats that may be too high.

Just one more day in the life of a teener owner!! wacko.gif
pfierb
QUOTE (toon1 @ Mar 13 2006, 08:03 PM)
thanks, I didn't think I was going to get a reply. I am getting a momo wheel today and I think I am going to have clearance problems. I have aftermarket seats that may be too high.

Just one more day in the life of a teener owner!! wacko.gif

I have a MoMo Porsche Design wheel and it is smaller in diameter than my stock 73 914 leather covered .....at the moment I am to lazy to go out in the grarge and measure exactly.
914helo
A lot of Momo wheels are 350mm, which is 13.8" I think. They are definately smaller than the stock wheel.
toon1
I just put the wheel in. It is a MOMO protipo, bought it from LTB motorsports $130. It has the flat bottom, nice wheel. I don't seem to have to much interferance with my legs, that was a concern. I checked my seat height against another 914 with the stock seats and they are pretty close.

I am going for a drive in a minute I will let you all know how it is........

toon1
somthing is wrong with the horn.

I have a new hub, I put the button in for the horn contact and it must have been wrong. The high/low beam went on and off and the blinkers where turning on and off.

I took a guess on how it was suppossed to be.

can someone explain how the horn button contact in the hub should be installed........
pfierb
QUOTE (toon1 @ Mar 14 2006, 04:23 AM)
somthing is wrong with the horn.

I have a new hub, I put the button in for the horn contact and it must have been wrong. The high/low beam went on and off and the blinkers where turning on and off.

I took a guess on how it was suppossed to be.

can someone explain how the horn button contact in the hub should be installed........

Try Driving the car without having the horn button installed ....see if the signal lights cancel after making a turn...if you didn't put the hub adapter on in the exact center position i.e. centered the same as your stock wheel it will mess things up.
The ground wire to your horn button must be touching metal some place it shouldn't.....Had almost the same trouble with mine.

Paul F.
toon1
with the hub on, what posistion is the button supposed to be?

The PO had had the wrong hub adapter so I don't know the stock local.
toon1
I've been working on it, now the horn doesn't work at all, headbang.gif
pfierb
QUOTE (toon1 @ Mar 14 2006, 12:40 PM)
I've been working on it, now the horn doesn't work at all, headbang.gif

On my set-up the MoMo horn button just snaps into the steering wheel assembly it is spring loaded.....there should br a tab on the button for the ground wire.....have you got the right hub adapter?
toon1
QUOTE (pfierb @ Mar 14 2006, 12:33 PM)
I've been working on it, now the horn doesn't work at all,  :headbang:

On my set-up the MoMo horn button just snaps into the steering wheel assembly it is spring loaded.....there should br a tab on the button for the ground wire.....have you got the right hub adapter?

I have the right adapter and the momo horn button and that works fine. My question is about the button that is on the back side of the adapter, the one that makes contact with the brass piece in the colum.

I am looking for a stock location(rotation), i.e. 12o'clock, 3 o'clock, etc. and also how far the button should stick out the back of the hub.
pfierb
QUOTE (toon1 @ Mar 14 2006, 05:35 PM)
QUOTE (pfierb @ Mar 14 2006, 12:33 PM)
I've been working on it, now the horn doesn't work at all,  :headbang:

I have the right adapter and the momo horn button and that works fine. My question is about the button that is on the back side of the adapter, the one that makes contact with the brass piece in the colum.

I am looking for a stock location(rotation), i.e. 12o'clock, 3 o'clock, etc. and also how far the button should stick out the back of the hub.

Go to e-bay type in MoMo hub adapters for porsche 914 it will come up with 24Ibuy store they have a great blow up of the adapter with instructions for the installation.

Hope this helps
Paul F.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.