Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Monoball Camber Plates
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drew365
I wondered how many of you are using the front monoball camber plates, and are they a good upgrade. I'm getting my car aligned again next week and I thought now might be a good time to go for them. How much negative camber will they let you get?
Brad Roberts
Drew,

If you race the car more than you drive it on the street, then I would say: yes, they will help.

1. It helps keep the shock where you set the alignment (rubber gives and causes camber changes)

2. The shock now works full time (rubber gives up and down before shock actually does anything)

Tarret Engineering. Let me know if you need a set. I have the set I posted pics of several weeks ago.

B
drew365
Brad; I race the car more than I drive it on the street. Why do you ask, is it because they make the ride stiffer or they're just not necessary for street driving? I kind of like the looks of the Paragon plates because they have extra mounting holes and it seems that would leave more room for adjustment. Am I wrong on this? How much do you want for the Tarret ones?
J P Stein
Ya mean one of these dubers?
I figure it's gonna give maybe 1.5 deg neg when shoved all the way inboard. I haven't got em' in yet, so I dunno fer sure. These fall into the "not cheep" section, so you really gotta have the "need".
airsix
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Feb 20 2003, 12:31 PM)
Ya mean one of these dubers?
I figure it's gonna give maybe 1.5 deg neg when shoved all the way inboard. I haven't got em' in yet, so I dunno fer sure. These fall into the "not cheep" section, so you really gotta have the "need".

Maybe Brad can comment on this. Is there really that much difference between each chassis? JP's always trying to find a way to get some negative camber in the front and I got -1.5 easy without any mods. Shoved all the way in I think it was around -1.8 or so with a little difference side to side. I've got it at -1.5 now and there is a little room to spare on both struts.
campbellcj
I have the Welt version of those thingies on my current car, and it's set at approx -1.5degs now with a bit more available. When I switch to the Hoosiers I'll see if we can get 2.0 or so; shouldn't be a problem.

By the way -- the ruling I got from the POC guys is that these bolt-ons do not take a point as a camber-increasing mod. Anything involving cutting, bending or strut housing mods do get hit with the point(s).
J P Stein
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Feb 20 2003, 04:10 PM)

By the way -- the ruling I got from the POC guys is that these bolt-ons do not take a point as a camber-increasing mod. Anything involving cutting, bending or strut housing mods do get hit with the point(s).

Keerist, that's a pretty fine distinction.

Lessee .......if you spend 400-500 bucks on strut mounts, it's OK. If you cut your old ones for free, you get nailed.....are these guys a bunch of lunatics or what? I wish I had a bunch of money so's I could be stoopid and get away with it.
drew365
I decided to go with the Welt units. They get installed next week and I'll try them on the track Mar.2 at Willowsprings. If I turn TTOD I'll let you know. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.