Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hand Throttle Value
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kerrys914
Hey guys what is fair price for a 914-6 hand throttle? The handle and rod (missing the pedal assembly piece)

dry.gif
Eric_Shea
check for a 912 piece... might be more common.

I'd say $50.00
Eric_Shea
Alsooooooooo... I have a throttle crank I made that is almost identical. Let me know if your interested.

E.
Kerrys914
PM sent wink.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Mar 13 2006, 04:01 PM)
check for a 912 piece... might be more common.

I'd say $50.00

"912 piece"? The Cap'n
lapuwali
912s didn't have a hand-throttle, Eric. They had the heater control where the 914/6 hand throttle is located.

Fabricating a hand throttle wouldn't be hard. A heater knob will work for the one part that would be difficult to fab up. The rest would be pretty straightforward.
Eric_Shea
From what I understand, the early 912's 'did' have a hand throttle there. (Martin, in-coming, in-coming, I need some cover over here) The one I have came out of an early 912 (so I've been told), has the lever marked "Throttle" and all. Bolts right up to the ole 914/901 shift lever and has the appropriate size/length rod (which is more than I can say for... oooooops, sorry) laugh.gif

I just had to make an L-bracket with a bronze bushing in it. Welded a 10mm nut on it and bolted that up to the stock location as well. Pronto, finished, done...

Tell me what you Brainiacs know... confused24.gif
lapuwali
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Mar 13 2006, 06:50 PM)
From what I understand, the early 912's 'did' have a hand throttle there. (Martin, in-coming, in-coming, I need some cover over here) The one I have came out of an early 912 (so I've been told), has the lever marked "Throttle" and all. Bolts right up to the ole 914/901 shift lever and has the appropriate size/length rod (which is more than I can say for... oooooops, sorry) laugh.gif

I just had to make an L-bracket with a bronze bushing in it. Welded a 10mm nut on it and bolted that up to the stock location as well. Pronto, finished, done...

Tell me what you Brainiacs know... confused24.gif

I had a '67 912 until quite recently. I've sat in a '65 912, and you can't get any earlier than that. They all had heater controls there. The early 911 had a hand throttle in front of the shifter, and the heater controls near the handbrake, but the 912 didn't come this way.

The shift lever IS the same as the tailshifter 914 unit (I swapped them to see), and the lever is in the same place as the hand throttle on the 914/6, but on the 912, it operated the heater flappers.

Certainly possible someone took a 911 hand throttle and retrofitted it to a 912. This would probably be very easy to do. They didn't come that way from the factory, though.
Eric_Shea
OK... back to my first post then:

"check for a 911 piece... might be more common." biggrin.gif

Here's a picture of the hand throttle crank I made for mine. It's available if you're interested Kerry...

sixnotfour
here is a bunch o pictures its the same as the 914 heater lover, see here,
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...l=hand+throttle
Kerrys914
Thanks for the linky Jeff

Eric, you have a PM

beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.