Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: American Hot Rod tonight
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxstr
New episode, the drama continues. Duane, the shop manager walks out. Maybe he goes over to see Chip laugh.gif
CCLINHOTRODSTOHELL
Brian Mifsud
Dude.. your in rerun #2 or #3.... the end of the story is that Boyd is really pissed off.... go figure...
Aaron Cox
i figured it was cancelled....

what time is it on?

BTW - i met boyd at the pomona drags...

he is a shmuck wink.gif
Hawktel
I don't know Boyd.

I was kinda disappointed in the show though. It shows Boyd as a basically overgown parts order. You never really see him create anything.

jonwatts
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Mar 13 2006, 07:34 PM)
he is a shmuck wink.gif

Then I guess it really is reality tv, cuz he looks like one on the show...
rezron
A friend of mine who runs a custom rod shop is a friend of Boyds.
I met Boyd and his wife when they stopped in to help judge a local car show. Some thought he was a God but I agree with Aaron. dry.gif

rezron
RustyWa
I heard the old metal worker Roy passed on.
tdsmoonchild
QUOTE (RustyWa @ Mar 13 2006, 07:48 PM)

your avatar creeps me out.........in a good way!
Brian Mifsud
Boyd's style is kindoff stuck in the 80's... he likes alot of billet when the "rage" today is "old school" rods...

all the guys that left went to off to Foose, but he's sort of more of the same.. just doesn't scream and yell like an idiot....

rezron
All of that "old school" lead work probably did'nt help!
Too bad though- he had talent!

rezron
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (RustyWa @ Mar 13 2006, 08:48 PM)

how sad. guy had some cool talent.

i love learning from old timers....

keeps some stuff alive. i watched a guy lead a car... too neat
Porcharu
QUOTE (jonwatts @ Mar 13 2006, 07:42 PM)
he is a shmuck  ;)

Look at the DA's he has working for him - would anyone in thier right mind pay someone like that $100k+ to make a car? I was really disapointed when that show came out and saw the hack job work those people put out.
Aaron Cox
i want a blue bear built rat rod... lol2.gif
rezron
There's big money in street rods! My friend Snick gets 100k + to start for an outdoor showcar. For a good indoor showcar it'll cost at least double!!

ohmy.gif

rezron
Mugs914
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Mar 13 2006, 07:55 PM)
i want a blue bear built rat rod... lol2.gif

agree.gif cool.gif cool.gif

I've never met Boyd, but buddies that have say he's just like what you see on TV; A parts ordering schmuck with no real talent and a very big head...

And mouth...

I wonder if his business dropped off after everyone got to see his crew in action. I call them "the gang that couldn't shoot straight"... Except for Roy and the painter that went to Foose they don't seem to know very much about cars...
jasons
QUOTE (Brian Mifsud @ Mar 13 2006, 07:50 PM)
Boyd's style is kindoff stuck in the 80's... he likes alot of billet when the "rage" today is "old school" rods...

all the guys that left went to off to Foose, but he's sort of more of the same.. just doesn't scream and yell like an idiot....

What I respect about Chip is.... If you watch Overhaulin its not uncommon to see him laying on the ground sanding out body filler or masking cars for paint. Dipshit Boyd would never ruin one of his ugly ass shirts doing real work. American Hot Rod was the worst career move he ever made.
Lou W
agree.gif
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (jasons @ Mar 14 2006, 06:39 AM)
What I respect about Chip is.... If you watch Overhaulin its not uncommon to see him laying on the ground sanding out body filler or masking cars for paint. Dipshit Boyd would never ruin one of his ugly ass shirts doing real work. American Hot Rod was the worst career move he ever made.

agree.gif

I really don't care about the stupid pranks they do, but the work is A+. I stopped watching Boyd's show after Charlie quit.

If I had the $$ and it was a choice between Foose or Boyd to build a car for me it would be Foose. I like Foose style, not just with cars but with people also. I'm the type of person that if you want respect you have to give it also, I don't see Boyd doing that, at least from the way he is on the show. And that shop manager of his would have been on his ASS if he talked to me like he does to everyone else in the shop.
nomore9one4
QUOTE (jonwatts @ Mar 13 2006, 07:42 PM)
he is a shmuck  ;)

The apple does'nt fall far from the tree because his kid is a real piece of work too. He needs a good ass kicken! slap.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (rezron @ Mar 13 2006, 07:47 PM)
A friend of mine who runs a custom rod shop is a friend of Boyds.
I met Boyd and his wife when they stopped in to help judge a local car show. Some thought he was a God but I agree with Aaron. dry.gif

rezron

The real problem is HE thinks he's a god .............. The Cap'n
914efi
There was another guy from the show who wrote a very nice letter to Excellence mag praising an article about one of the older cars. I don't remember his name, but he seems like a good guy. He is one of the lower key guys on the show.

I guess you have to figure that the real work gets done off camera and the histrionics are just for dramatic effect.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.